Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Remapping buttons.

Title
    Thanks

Remapping buttons.

I was using HDMI CEC to control my Edision mini plus from my samsung tv remote and all was working fine.

Ive just bought a new samsung 7 series and now ive found the channel up/down button (zap up/down) no longer works so you cant scroll left/right through the bouquets in the channel selection screen.
    All the other buttons work fine.

So i was wondering if it is possable to remap the buttons.
    So say for instance i could remap the blue and yellow buttons to do the same function as the channel up/down button (on my edision remote) so i can scroll through the bouquets in the channel selection screen.

Hope that makes sense.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by kryton; 28-03-19 at 09:29.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    in the settings (I think GUI) is an option called ButtonSetup which can be used to remap almost every button as long as the InfoBar is active which means during normal operation. This remapping is not active in plugins.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

kryton (28-03-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    in the settings (I think GUI) is an option called ButtonSetup which can be used to remap almost every button as long as the InfoBar is active which means during normal operation. This remapping is not active in plugins.

ciao
    Cheers mate, i have already tried this but unfortunately this doesnt have the desired effect.

I changed the blue/yellow buttons in button setup to zap up/down but as you said this only works in normal viewing mode.
    Once you open the channel selection screen the yellow and blue buttons change back to there default which opens providers/favourites.

So the zap up/down function no longer works so it wont scroll through the bouquets.

I would imagine i will have to edit 1 of the keymap.xml files but im not sure which this 1 will be for the channel selection screen.
    Last edited by kryton; 28-03-19 at 10:58.

Title
    Thanks
    So looking at the keymap.xml this should be the section i edit

Code:
    "ChannelSelectBaseActions">

<key id="KEY_RED" mapto="showAllServices" flags="m"/>

<key id="KEY_GREEN" mapto="showSatellites" flags="m"/>

<key id="KEY_YELLOW" mapto="showProviders" flags="m"/>

<key id="KEY_BLUE" mapto="showFavourites" flags="m"/>

<key id="KEY_FAVORITES" mapto="showFavourites" flags="m"/>		

<key id="KEY_CHANNELUP" mapto="nextBouquet" flags="m"/>

<key id="KEY_CHANNELDOWN" mapto="prevBouquet" flags="m"/>

<key id="KEY_NEXT" mapto="nextMarker" flags="m"/>

<key id="KEY_BACK" mapto="prevMarker" flags="m"/>

<key id="KEY_PREVIOUS" mapto="prevMarker" flags="m"/>

<key id="KEY_FORWARD" mapto="nextMarker" flags="m"/>

</map>
    So if i edit the blue/yellow to previous/next bouquet this should correspond with my blue/yellow button on the edision remote and samsung remote for the channel selection screen and in theory do what the channel up/down button does and scroll through the bouquets.

As i never use the blue/yellow button on this screen it is my obvious choice.
    For anybody who owns a edision they will know how vague the remote is even with a decent battery fitted..so hopefully this will work.
    Last edited by kryton; 28-03-19 at 12:10.