Hi all

I have a motorised dish, GB E2 receiver. I have the luxury also of a TM 5402 box that is useful for blind scan of feeds and cross checking some tuning settings.

The GB box is set to use USALS. The TM box is set to use Diseqc 1.2. My latitude is mis-set at 0 deg, I'm a couple of degrees west (the installer didn't want to adjust the dish to the correct setting).

Turned on the box yesterday and found no available channels at any satellite. I am guessing the dish had been shifted slightly by the gales last week.

Not sure quite where to start with an Enigma reset (I know I wasn't supposed to scan), I switched in the TM box and on Thor, following a fine tune nudge to the west, scanned to find all services. I saw a thread here about adjusting the USALS latitude slightly the opposite way to the direction you had nudged the dish.

Switching back to the GB box, I nuddged the USALs latitude setting slightly, checking the signal setting at each quarter point for the key satellite to achieve strongest fo best compromise setting.

This has done the trick and I have access again.

Is there a better / 'official' method to deal with wind shift (if that's what's happened)? I think if I hadn't been able to resolve this with a small tuning adjustment, I'd have had to call in my installer to readjust the dish.