Quote Originally Posted by steenkh View Post
when I enable Move mode, the OK key does not select a channel to move, but switches to the channel instead.
I know that Move mode is selected, because it says Move mode at the top, and the colours have changed.

What could be wrong?
I don't know if pulling up this old thread conforms to the forum etiquette...
I'm surprised this problem still exists. I met this first time well over 10 years ago with a Dreambox I had at that time. And yes, it's in Vix too. I haven't touched the the confs of my 2 Vu+ Duo2 boxes for years (one had OpenVix 4.1.x, the other 5.0.x) until this Sunday when I decided to broke the classic rule "if it ain't broken..."

I think years ago I accidentally found out that this problem was "activated" thru a certain setting in the menu. Years ago I also had less volatile memory and I didn't document the workaround anywhere, neither have ever reported it to anywhere.

After some trial and error I now was unable to find out which setting (it might also be a combination of several ones) activates the problem. My guess is it's a situation when setting some feature to [ on | off | a certain value ] in the menu captures with higher priority / blocks from the move function the recognition of the "ok" key feature. Also this time I didn't remember the whole issue until I had done a lot of fine tuning to the settings.

Since this isn't more widely known problem, it also might be possible that this were dependent on the language setting of the box. I use Finnish language setting, which isn't a mayor language. But I think this is an improbable change.

To trace this problem, could someone post here a screenshot of the menus affecting the functionality / appearance of the channel listing from an OpenVix (preferably close to version 5.3.019) configuration where the "reorder list" functionality works? I could then try if that same configuration makes the problem disappear / if I can identify what exactly makes it come back.

Btw,
Meanwhile OpenWebIf seems to be a way to overcome this problem. Just worth noticing that a change done that way does not appear in the local user interface before restarting Enigma (or the whole box).