Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dm800 hd dm500 clones...

Title
    Thanks
    as good as the Blade 7000s are, its not linux so not much to "play" with, just flash it with latest firmware and watch TV, does a very good job too.

but if you want to start playing with cams, scripts etc etc then id go for a Linux receiver, the one that gets recommended is the qbox mini hd, for the price i don't think it can be beaten.

news on the grape vine is blade are making a new combo receiver, cable and satellite, but not sure if the tuners are swappable.
    Vu+ Duo & 1TB Samsung EcoGreen HDD, TM-2600 Motor, Fracarro Penta 85, Inverto Black Ultra Twin LNB

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigup7 View Post
    as good as the Blade 7000s are, its not linux so not much to "play" with, just flash it with latest firmware and watch TV, does a very good job too.
    The Blade is a good stable well built plug and play receiver for people who just wanna watch tv.

Quote Originally Posted by bigup7 View Post
    news on the grape vine is blade are making a new combo receiver, cable and satellite, but not sure if the tuners are swappable.
    I honestly don't think this is going be a very big hit for the UK market.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,450 Times in 832 Posts
    yeh i think i will go for the xbox mini hd and see what that is like. i realised the blade 700 isnt a linux box and its pretty much just a plug in and watch. the blade 500s as far as i have been told is the same as the dm500s so that should be pretty customizable but i think the qbox mini hd will be my next investment lol can someone actually tell me what is so good about the DM8000 HD compared to the vu duo. i mean i love my duo and it wont be going nowhere but just curious about the dream media one

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher View Post
    yeh i think i will go for the xbox mini hd and see what that is like. i realised the blade 700 isnt a linux box and its pretty much just a plug in and watch. the blade 500s as far as i have been told is the same as the dm500s so that should be pretty customizable but i think the qbox mini hd will be my next investment lol can someone actually tell me what is so good about the DM8000 HD compared to the vu duo. i mean i love my duo and it wont be going nowhere but just curious about the dream media one
    Here's some comparison's

D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    wow when looking at hardware the clark-tech comes out quite well, didnt expect that. is it as good as its says though?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    wow when looking at hardware the clark-tech comes out quite well, didnt expect that. is it as good as its says though?
    I've used both, support is currently not that great, but i'm sure that will change in the future. If I'm honest right now I wouldn't sell my Duo to buy a ET9000 and if I was in the market for a Dual tuner right now I think I'd still choose the Duo because of all the support and good reputation it has. Also the Duo is now only £349
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    yeh ive got no intention of selling my duo, fantastic piece of kit and will be even better with more usb tuner support coming out soon so its only getting better. will try out the bm700 and bm500 and take it from there for a second reciever. the bm500 supports exactly the same as the dm500 doesnt it?

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Yes BM500 uses DM500 images.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

bassethound (07-02-11),punisher (07-02-11)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    so they support all the same bouqets plugins etc? i just wish they did the same for the bm700 too based it on maybe dm800 lol

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    so they support all the same bouqets plugins etc? i just wish they did the same for the bm700 too based it on maybe dm800 lol
    Yes same Enigma1 bouquets etc...
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12