Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IPTV Feature Request - Pause IPTV (please move to correct section if need be)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    So sorry meant to mention this in the release today, been chasing my backside today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great stuff, many users will benefit from that.
    Last edited by danny121pt; 05-02-19 at 01:20.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danny121pt View Post
    Great stuff, many users will benefit from that.
    All credit goes to you and bbbuk, I just ran the image builds
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It's great that IPTV can now be paused. If anyone can solve the problem of .ts streams freezing after a couple of minutes then that would be even better and make the box practically perfect!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner123 View Post
    It's great that IPTV can now be paused. If anyone can solve the problem of .ts streams freezing after a couple of minutes then that would be even better and make the box practically perfect!
    Freeze after couple minutes, I don't get that.

Try using serviceapp with extplayer3 see if that helps.

If using something like suls, try 4097 and then extplayer3 via serviceapp.

If using an old iptv.sh panel script, ditch it and try different method.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to danny121pt For This Useful Post:

spanner123 (05-02-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by danny121pt View Post
    Freeze after couple minutes, I don't get that.

Try using serviceapp with extplayer3 see if that helps.

If using something like suls, try 4097 and then extplayer3 via serviceapp.

If using an old iptv.sh panel script, ditch it and try different method.
    Thanks for the reply but it's a well known problem. If playing the stream on VLC you can get round the problem by using loop function. On openvix you have to change channel and go back. I have already tried all the options you suggested but no joy. By the way these are free streams I'm talking about not created bouquets using suls app & sub which when tested work ok although they are .ts streams also.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I never got round to testing this but maybe restarting network with crontimer

/sbin/ifconfig eth0 down

/sbin/ifconfig eth0 up

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

spanner123 (05-02-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    I never got round to testing this but maybe restarting network with crontimer

/sbin/ifconfig eth0 down

/sbin/ifconfig eth0 up
    Is this in reply to my question? If so can you please be more specific as am not too hot on that sort of thing. Do I just post the two lines to sbin folder using notepad?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Is this in reply to my question? If so can you please be more specific as am not too hot on that sort of thing. Do I just post the two lines to sbin folder using notepad?
    Yes it was a reply to your question, I haven't fully tested it but maybe create a .sh file i.e. restart_network.sh with those commands then add to usr/script then set a cron timer to run it every 3 minutes.

I would be careful though as the web server may see it as ddos attacking as you will be constantly reconnecting to the stream every 3 minutes so try it on something your not bothered about getting banned from.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

spanner123 (05-02-19)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Yes it was a reply to your question, I haven't fully tested it but maybe create a .sh file i.e. restart_network.sh with those commands then add to usr/script then set a cron timer to run it every 3 minutes.

I would be careful though as the web server may see it as ddos attacking as you will be constantly reconnecting to the stream every 3 minutes so try it on something your not bothered about getting banned from.
    Many thanks but my knowledge does not stretch to that I think. Also 3 minutes would be too long as the freezing is usually between 1-2 minutes I would say.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Is there not a way to detect a frozen stream and do a fake stream or channel change?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    From my understanding of the different service types (from what I've read and some from what I've experienced on my solo2):-
    Service type 1 = better at recovering from glitches but I've found my box has more glitches using this but I understand some boxes are better with this service type. Can record from this.
    Service type 4097 = less glitches but doesn't recover very well when a glitch does happen. Can record from this.
    Service type 5001+ = Never really tried these as you can't record (last time I checked).

Sometimes, it's hard to know if glitches are because of our hardware/setup, iptv provider or a mixture of both.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    From my understanding of the different service types (from what I've read and some from what I've experienced on my solo2):-
    Service type 1 = better at recovering from glitches but I've found my box has more glitches using this but I understand some boxes are better with this service type. Can record from this.
    Service type 4097 = less glitches but doesn't recover very well when a glitch does happen. Can record from this.
    Service type 5001+ = Never really tried these as you can't record (last time I checked).

Sometimes, it's hard to know if glitches are because of our hardware/setup, iptv provider or a mixture of both.
    Thanks but it's none of the above. It depends on how you play the file. The same file on an Android app or VLC with loop enabled plays fine. Openvix can't handle it for some reason.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks but it's none of the above. It depends on how you play the file. The same file on an Android app or VLC with loop enabled plays fine. Openvix can't handle it for some reason.
    It's not openvix that is the problem.

It is that Enigma2 doesn't know when the connection is dropped, so it can't auto-reconnect.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    It's not openvix that is the problem.

It is that Enigma2 doesn't know when the connection is dropped, so it can't auto-reconnect.
    That's basically what I am asking is there a way to detect and reconnect? Or detect and do a fake channel or stream change.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As Ev0 mentioned, problem isn't with openvix, it will likely be an E2 device problem affecting all images.

Remember that E2 was never conceived with iptv in mind and iptv support has been added on after.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast