Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Virtual keyboard bugs

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual keyboard bugs

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    INSert / OVerwRite. Press the INFO key.
    You can also press the HELP button to get help with using the updated VirtualKeyBoard.

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    @Nekrub2, please explain yourself.
    Hi Abu Baniaz

Before when I clicked on the yellow button I instantly got a different keyboard, but not a list of choice. As a result by click I could find a layout that had for instance in uppercase above ü è. For me it is obvious that if you provide a list and have different layouts for english, you should also have different ones for German etc.
    Anyway, the key for ok (green) has gone.

Please don't hit on Ian who does an excellent job.

nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nekrub2 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (29-10-19)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Nekrub2,
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    Anyway, the key for ok (green) has gone.
    Is this a bug report or a problem? If so, what skin are you using. If you have a screen capture of the problem I will try and sort it out ASAP.

By the way, Huevos has just asked me to convert a few more skins (Bello and Confluence). I will try and look at these over the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by nekrub2 View Post
    Please don't hit on Ian who does an excellent job.
    Thank you for your support. It is appreciated.

Regards,
    Ian.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IanSav For This Useful Post:

widar (16-11-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IanSav View Post
    By the way, Huevos has just asked me to convert a few more skins (Bello and Confluence).
    I've already started on Confluence and should be able to finish it this weekend. I could PM you what I've done once complete, to help with consistency (you might spot something I've missed)?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

dsayers (24-05-19),Huevos (17-11-18),IanSav (17-11-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Birdman,
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I've already started on Confluence and should be able to finish it this weekend. I could PM you what I've done once complete, to help with consistency (you might spot something I've missed)?
    I would be happy to help in any way I can.

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Birdman,

While you are adjusting Confluence do you want to make the matching changes in the rest of the related / shared code skins?

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    While you are adjusting Confluence do you want to make the matching changes in the rest of the related / shared code skins?
    Do you mean the other ViXBMC ones?
    I could have a look for commonality - or, given that the keyboard pops-up over everything else anyway, I could just put it all into ViXBMC_Common(?).

PS: I finally got a correctly-sized background in the correct place this evening...
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Birdman,
    Do you mean the other ViXBMC ones?
    I could have a look for commonality - or, given that the keyboard pops-up over everything else anyway, I could just put it all into ViXBMC_Common(?).
    From what I noted there is commonality among the ViXBMC skins. The VirtualKeyBoard screen is in the file "skin_ViXBMC_1080_Common.xml" in "ViXBMC_1080_Common" and is shared by all the skins. Each skin that uses this common file will need to have the "VirtualKeyBoard" font alias and parameters added. If you want to remove legacy support you can follow the instructions in the documentation file.
    PS: I finally got a correctly-sized background in the correct place this evening...
    Some skins have the VirtualKeyBoard decorated with graphical backgrounds. This are often more difficult or tedious to update.

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Ian

In order not to have a skin specific issue I temporary switched to the default skin. With the virtual keyboard Local de_DE but also on en-EN or en_US have no more the ok key in the button row. The green button still work.

For any reason OpenWebif does not work, despite of having connection from my laptop to the box through DCC (FTP). Will have to ask my kids to make a screenshot by mobile. Is there any other file from my box which could help you?

Thanks a lot nekrub2
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Thanks
    From what I noted there is commonality among the ViXBMC skins. The VirtualKeyBoard screen is in the file "skin_ViXBMC_1080_Common.xml" in "ViXBMC_1080_Common" and is shared by all the skins.
    But the VirtualKeyBoard parameter setting (which defines the size of the keys) is defined per-skin. Mind you, this seems ot make no sense given that the position/sizes set in the Common code are dependent on its set value.

Each skin that uses this common file will need to have the "VirtualKeyBoard" font alias and parameters added. If you want to remove legacy support you can follow the instructions in the documentation file.
    I was going to leave it there to start with, but given that legacy support code doesn't exist it may as well go at the same time.

Some skins have the VirtualKeyBoard decorated with graphical backgrounds. This are often more difficult or tedious to update.
    This is one. It's basically almost-black (so that any undefined keys look the correct colour), but does have a transparent border, which is what was causing the issue - until I realized it was not symmetric...

Title
    Thanks
    Default_Skin_de_DE.JPG

Default Skin - Keyboard de_DE

Swiss_Army_BlueMood_Keyb_de_DE.jpg
    Army MoodBlue Skin - Keyboard de_DE
    VU+ Solo2
    USB 32GB used as HDD
    Diseq 13.0E 19.0E

Title
    Thanks
    But the VirtualKeyBoard parameter setting (which defines the size of the keys) is defined per-skin. Mind you, this seems to make no sense given that the position/sizes set in the Common code are dependent on its set value.
    Remembered later that this is because the parameters are set in a block, and others are skin dependent. The code only seems to cater for one <parameters> block.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Nekrub2,

The first image shows that the images for the VirtualKeyBoard are missing from your copy of the skin_default. The second image shows that the skin Army MoodBlue has not been updated.

The first issue is a problem. The second required the skin author to update their skin.

What happens if you select one of the default OpenViX skins?

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Army is not a vix skin. Must be coming fron ATV.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Army is not a vix skin. Must be coming fron ATV.
    That could explain a lot.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast