Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Octagon SF8008 Kodi

Title
    Thanks

Octagon SF8008 Kodi

Hello, Anyone experience using Kodi on the SF8008?
    I have updated to the latest Openvix 5 2 006 and still have a background issue with Kodi where the screen does not use the entire TV screen and I am left with a small surround border of the previous TV channel (still image) the moment I opened Kodi.
    I have played around with settings in Kodi minimized black bars 20%/zoom etc. but then left with a stretched image and tried calibrating video but this only calibrates it within the Kodi screen size the border still exists.
    anyone had similar experience, do you think is it a Kodi settings issue I should be able to fix through the Kodi settings menu or is it a driver/image issue?
    any info or advice would be appreciated.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    IIRC you need to wait for next OpenViX release, pretty sure already fixed in latest OpenATV.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

ngc.ie (05-11-18)

Title
    Thanks
    thank you very much, I was not sure on this I will just leave it be until then.

Title
    Thanks
    its not fully fixed on openatv still see a much smaller border. Hope it gets sorted tho.

Title
    Thanks
    I had that problem as well but only with 4:3 video playback. I fixed it by going into the video menu and selecting 'stretched' or 'fill the screen' and then the 4:3 playback was fine. My problem might not be the same as yours though. Mine was only with standard definition 4:3 videos. The high definition 16:9 videos played well on initial install. With mine it played back as a very small box near the upper left hand corner of the screen with the previous video overlay in the background. To reiterate I did fix it within the Kodi video playback settings and not the SF8008 system video settings as I already had that set to scale 4:3 videos.

Title
    Thanks
    just flashed to latest OpenATV 05/11 testing some 4k stuff. most still have background issue. drivers are dated 01/11. You can use stretch on player menu settings but it doesn't look as good. Just need clean black bars with no background image.

Title
    Thanks
    Hello guys, I also would like to have this issue fixed...do you think it will possible to have a permanent fix?
    I bought the SF8008 mainly to get rid of any other box in order to have a single solution for satellite and media player.
    Is the problem affecting only this model?
    Do you guys know if there is another image that has already the kodi problem fixed?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You could try messaging Octagon-Germany on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I've just reported the bug, must admit I hadn't fired up kodi for a couple of weeks, must have started recently.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (08-11-18)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    I've just deleted the hidden .kodi file on my USB stick and re-setup Kodi. I can no longer replicate the issue. I'll keep on testing it.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Replicated and video of issue sent to octagon.

D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

ngc.ie (08-11-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    Replicated and video of issue sent to octagon.

Thanks a lot Sicilian. Please keep us updated on this one.
    Just a question: you wrote in the previous post to use an usb stick with this decoder, any good reason for that?
    I have everything installed on the decoder only.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miracle1980 View Post
    Thanks a lot Sicilian. Please keep us updated on this one.
    Just a question: you wrote in the previous post to use an usb stick with this decoder, any good reason for that?
    I have everything installed on the decoder only.

Thanks
    If that includes having the epg data stored to your internal flash, that is a no no go. You will end up with issues longterm so best having your epg data stored to either ausb flash drive, external hdd or if not using as a multiboot receiver store to an sd card.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    I am trying also with the Pure E2 image but the issue is still there (i also noticed that the videos are not so smooth as they should be...)
    I noticed that there is a newer version of OpenVix for the SF8008...any good news for KODI?

Thanks

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miracle1980 View Post
    I am trying also with the Pure E2 image but the issue is still there (i also noticed that the videos are not so smooth as they should be...)
    I noticed that there is a newer version of OpenVix for the SF8008...any good news for KODI?

Thanks
    Earlier images did not have the bug, software engineers are aware of it and it will be fixed very soon.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast