Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: DVB-C Scanning

Title
    Thanks

DVB-C Scanning

Looking for a little advice if possible.
    My box was going a little temperamental last night so I updated to the lastest VIX image.
    Afterwards my cable channels weren't clearing so I did a factory reset with the intention of scanning again.

Scan on the Satellite went as normal but I'm pulling my hair out trying to scan on the cable card.

I have set the region code and chose virgin when setting uo the tuner. When I do it that way I only get half a dozen SID channels during the scan.

Then I tried both Frequency scans and Frequency steps options and scanned. I got a couple of hundred "channels" then, but they were almost all SID channels with about half a dozen FTA channels (ITV, BBC etc.)

Can anyone gibe me any tips on what I'm doing wrong?
    First time I scanned it at the start of the year it worked first time.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,142 Times in 6,220 Posts

DVB-C Scanning

NetID in tuner config does not matter for the UK or Ireland. Leave it as what it is at the moment. I don't bother changing it from 00000

Which Virgin did you select? If you don't know which one you are in, select all systems ( or similar wording).

People in Pure areas will only get channels that work. Everyone else will get duplication and lots of channels that don't work. This is normal. There are only 5 free channels on UK cable.

You can also use AutoBouquetsMaker instead of scanning.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

piagio2000 (29-10-18)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the tips. I seemed to have scanned ok.

Now the strange part. I have a line and can clear satellite, both UK (for all thats left) and foreign. But the same line that used to clear cable is no longer doing so.
    It will clear free HD channels like BBC (and shows the server details on the channel info), but will not clear anything else.

I would have thought that as it is working for satellite then my config files etc. are okay.
    Any thoughts on why cable not clearing?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,142 Times in 6,220 Posts
    Your questions are not in accordance with the forum rules.