Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: maybe..there is a small problem with 4K config

Title
    Thanks

maybe..there is a small problem with 4K config

Hello, I'm new with 4k (also new with Octagon SF8008 and Axas His 4k Combo and don't buy it !! ) so I'm not sure about this.
    My 1st 4k TV is an Nordmende ND49KS4000, unfortunately it seemed to work with "2160p" setting (with 50 and 60hz and the OSD show 50Hz/60Hz) but after some time (it worked also for an entire week) and randomly the video becomed out of synch (solution: remove the plug and reinsert it). I've contacted the Nordmende service and told me that it's faulty...ok
    I've obtained from the reseller a replacement without recurring to the service..but surprice ! the replacement have the same hardware and software version but does not work at all with 2160p (blank screen) and I must choose 25 or 30Hz.

And now OpenVIX (SF8008 5.2 004 release)
    that does not have 2160p30 so i must choose 1080p otherwise the screen is blank/black/no signal

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Another dodgy tv by the sounds of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    The tv needs to support 2160p 60hz for live tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    if you are able to write a small script which is run after enigma2 is started there might be a workaround.

Take a look at /proc/stb/video/videomode_choice if you have 2160p25 or 2160p30. I think with echo 2160p25 >/proc/stb/video/videomode it can be set and you might have 4K@25Hz. On my Solo 4K and Ultimo 4K it worked.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Hello, the script worked fine, thanks
    Anyway I've found the real problem ! AXAS products !!!
    The Nordmende ND49KS4000 works fine, the problem was the HDMI cable found in the box of the brand new (received from Axas Germany - don't buy AXAS ! ) His 4K Combo!

I've installed on the Normende replacement
    1) the Octagon SF8008 (it's a very good and fast box) on HDMI 1
    2) the AXAS His 4k Combo on HDMI 2 (using the AXAS HDMI cable found in the box )

but for some reason with the AXAS HDMI cable placed in HDMI 2 slot the TV detect 2160-30/25 on the two HDMI ports (???)
    this morning I've reinstalled OpenVIX on the Octagon SF8008 mounted as the only one HDMI device on Nordmende using my old and very cheap "Amazon Basics HDMI 2.0 0,5mt cable " (the AXAS cable is also 0,5mt)
    and worked perfectly (2160p50 or 60hz)

I have purchased the Axas His 4K Combo from axas web site, the price was 119€ and no shipment and cash on delivery was displayed (neither on the the order confirmation). But after a couple of days without any shipment notice and some email from me asking about the the real amount to pay for the order without any reply, I have asked to Axas to cancel it. In the meanwhile I have found the Octagon SF8008 for only 129€ with shipment included and shipped from Italy.
    After a week while I'm enjoying the Octagon and always without any feedback from Axas site, DHL comed at the office and delivered the AXAS His 4K Combo to the wharehouse man after the paiement of 149,90€ !!!
    Unfortunately he paied without asking me and it's sure that AXAS Germany (www.axas.tv) has never replied to my emails and will never answer.
    The Axas His 4K Combo is a very poor device..it's slow (as any old dual core 800Mhz Mips machine ), it have an 8Gb emmc but I don't know for what