Hi

Researched quite a bit here. I want to set up a motorised dish to pull in 5W through to 32.5. I watch a lot of continental TV for my work.

In my last house, I had a fixed dish with 3 LNBs covering Hotbird, Astra 1 and Astra 2. 2 pairs of feeds ran from these to a dual tuner Technomate and a dual tuner Panasonic Freesat HDD/BD.

I'm advised that with a motorised dish, it's unwise to run multiple cables and also that only 1 LNB is appropriate to precise focus. So a twin LNB running two cables down to my receiver? Or does a single suffice, assuming FCB capable receiver?

This would, I assume, allow me to watch one and record another (assuming twin tuners) as long as the second channel was on the same satellite, transponder and orientation.

In due course I'll buy a new Linux receiver, which I think allows me to easily link to my LAN to run video around the house. Gigablue has already been recommended to me. Compare to Mutant HD51? Or, indeed, a current Technomate? Can you open encrypted channels on a Linux box (in the way I did by patching the TM)?

Am I correct in assuming that if I fit a FCB LNB, the new receiver would in fact allow me to watch all channels from that satellite, not only those on the same transponder/polarisation?

Will an FCB LNB work with the legacy Technomate initially or do I have to put in the new Linux box from the start?

As mentioned in a previous post, probably only want a single morotised dish. For UK TV, I'll make do with my Freeview aerial signals and a Chromecast dongle in the spare room!

Thanks for all suggestions.