Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How can I get DAB radio stations?

Title
    Thanks

Question How can I get DAB radio stations?

I would like to be able to record them on my VU+ Duo2.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    You can't receive/record DAB radio, freeview has lots of radio channels you can record, I've no idea if sky or virgin broadcast radio.

I guess ip radio is another possibility.

Title
    Thanks
    Is that a limitation of the VU+ Duo 2 receiver?

Is there no USB tuner I could get that would let me do it?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    …. a dvb-t2 usb tuner would give you freeview via an aerial.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I've not heard of a USB DAB tuner, most of the DAB stations should be available by Satellite, Cable, DTT(Freeview) or Web stream - are you looking for something in particular?

Title
    Thanks
    One station that is not on satellite is Talk Sport 2, which is useful for some sports commentaries which are not available elsewhere. I am sure there are other exanples, but Talksport2 is one I can think of offhand.

Talk Sport 2 is only on DAB (and only in some areas), or online. I suspect that on the next few years there will be a gradual migration away from radio stations on satellite to online versions.

Of course, it is technically possible to stream any online radio through your Duo2, but good luck to you in finding anyone to help you say how to do it, AND get a reliable service.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I saw this elsewhere and mentioned DAB

it did mention windows but with linux.
    would think as its a live stream you cannot record?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cactikid; 26-08-18 at 16:10.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    There was an e2 plugin made to do this sort of thing with an rtl-sdr dongle a few years ago - I dont know if dab was implemented but fm radio definitely did work. Have a read of the original thread about it:
    Code:
    satdreamgr.com/forum/showthread.php?14653-RTL-SDR-with-Enigma2-%28SDG-Radio%29
    Apologies for the link to another forum but its probably the only place you will get info on this plugin.

Edit: DAB seems to be supported
    Last edited by ronand; 26-08-18 at 18:58.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    I saw this elsewhere and mentioned DAB
    I have one, but you won't get DAB on Enigma with it.
    Although I could look at that plugin to see what it does...

Hmm...it just uses SDR.
    Interesting, as that dongle produces an rtl2832_sdr.0.auto sub-directory in its sysfs entry.
    I may need to take a look...
    Last edited by birdman; 27-08-18 at 03:31.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timofee View Post
    One station that is not on satellite is Talk Sport 2, which is useful for some sports commentaries which are not available elsewhere. I am sure there are other exanples, but Talksport2 is one I can think of offhand.

Talk Sport 2 is only on DAB (and only in some areas), or online. I suspect that on the next few years there will be a gradual migration away from radio stations on satellite to online versions.

Of course, it is technically possible to stream any online radio through your Duo2, but good luck to you in finding anyone to help you say how to do it, AND get a reliable service.
    They have their own stream, you can add that to your Duo2 if you can't listen on a PC or phone

It took me about 3 minutes to find the stream and add it to my box, just added this to my userbouquet.favourites.radio bouquet

Code:
    #NAME Favourites (Radio)
    #SERVICE 4097:0:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:https%3a//radio.talksport.com/stream2?awparams=platform:ts-web&aw_0_req.gdpr=true&amsparams=playerid:ts-web;skey:1535370718308
    #DESCRIPTION TalkSport2
    Although I admit that I can't record it on my box.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    They have their own stream, you can add that to your Duo2 if you can't listen on a PC or phone

It took me about 3 minutes to find the stream and add it to my box, just added this to my userbouquet.favourites.radio bouquet

Code:
    #NAME Favourites (Radio)
    #SERVICE 4097:0:2:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:https%3a//radio.talksport.com/stream2?awparams=platform:ts-web&aw_0_req.gdpr=true&amsparams=playerid:ts-web;skey:1535370718308
    #DESCRIPTION TalkSport2
    Although I admit that I can't record it on my box.
    Possibly cos its stream type is 4097?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post

Code:
    #NAME Favourites (Radio)
    #DESCRIPTION TalkSport2
    Although you may wish to remove the skey parameter, as that's just the time of the initial call in ms.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD