Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: HD51 box , no picture sometimes

Title
    Thanks

HD51 box , no picture sometimes

Over the last couple of months, when we switch the TV on, sometimes there is no picture at all, and all I could do was to do a hard reboot of the Mutant HD51 box. Once it has rebooted we then have a picture.

The said box has done this a few times over the last couple of months, and is now getting to be if there will be a picture when we turn on the TV.

Is there anything I can do about this or is it just down to the box getting quite warm, and shows no picture.

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Might you have checked/changed hdmi cable and its inserted correctly/fully? Only do when both are powered off.
    Did you try remote to see if it shows any screen info. Does webif do anything on pc might be worth checking.
    Could box need a fresh image install if buggy?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Daft question, but you keep saying "switch on the tv", could the HD51 be in standby?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sounds like it does not see the box until its rebooted? Bit like those funny hdmi splitters you hope will work.

Title
    Thanks
    I didn't check the HDMI cable, but will do that. When we turn on the TV by it's own remote, normally the screen comes to life with audio first then video.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Daft question, but you keep saying "switch on the tv", could the HD51 be in standby?
    The HD51 looked like it was on from the highlited text in the display. I do know sometimes it does go into standby, and the text is dulled down.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cactikid View Post
    Sounds like it does not see the box until its rebooted? Bit like those funny hdmi splitters you hope will work.
    I don't use any splitters as I have a PIoneer A/V amplifier which has 6 HDMI sockets, and all the media boxes go throught the amplifier.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Another thing to try if possible hdmi to tv from box?