Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: "No Data On Transponder! - Timeout reading PAT"

Title
    Thanks

"No Data On Transponder! - Timeout reading PAT"

Not sure what has happen but up until today my box has been working pretty much as expected. I have moved some things around in the house which ended up with me unplugging the box and shortly after plugging it back in and booting normally I could not view any channels I had before and now get the above message.

I've tried re-flashing the image and also tried an older image and different images but that it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I've also tried to run a new service scan but that doesn't find any new channels although when I run this scan I can choose a channel through OpenWebif interface and all of them will work behind the menu while the scan is running.

I'm still a novice in this world and only had the box about 2 weeks but wouldn't be surprised if I changed a setting without knowing but can't for the life me find it.

Anyone had anything similar or any ideas what to check?

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

Ive noticed this message pop up occasionally on my DUO2 running 5.1.014. It appeared occasionally on 5.1.012 and 0.13 as well. In my case it occurred when the signal strength of the channel I was switching to was weak, so perhaps check your antenna wiring in the new location of the unit. Also, is this occurring on terrestrial broadcasts or satellite channels, or both?

Craig

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I've given that a try but no luck.
    Signal is good and no terrestrial tuners on the box.

Think it might be time to send this one back!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, fez1975,

look at this post,

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...l=1#post466347

Seems 5.1.014 has some bugs pertaining to satellite services. Seems it will be fixed in a new release. I've seen someone mention 5.1.016 is available via online update, so it may be worth doing a online update if 5.1.016 is available for your model PVR. Have confirmed 5.1.016 is available for my VU+ DUO2, so hopefully 5.1.016 is also available for your PVR now as well.

Craig
    Last edited by bsod; 14-02-18 at 12:25.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,896 Times in 2,249 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fez1975 View Post
    Not sure what has happen but up until today my box has been working pretty much as expected. I have moved some things around in the house which ended up with me unplugging the box and shortly after plugging it back in and booting normally I could not view any channels I had before and now get the above message.

I've tried re-flashing the image and also tried an older image and different images but that it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I've also tried to run a new service scan but that doesn't find any new channels although when I run this scan I can choose a channel through OpenWebif interface and all of them will work behind the menu while the scan is running.

I'm still a novice in this world and only had the box about 2 weeks but wouldn't be surprised if I changed a setting without knowing but can't for the life me find it.

Anyone had anything similar or any ideas what to check?

Thanks
    If you unplugged the box (and I am assuming the sat cables) then check that the end coonectors on the coax have not worked loose ... I always tape mine so that they are fixed firmly, seen to many issues with loose cable connectors.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bsod View Post
    Seems 5.1.014 has some bugs pertaining to satellite services.
    ?? What bug is that?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry Sicillian,

possibly jumped to the wrong conclusion, sorry. Was going by db49er who experienced loss of sat services when flashing to 5.1.014 from 5.1.0.13. Reverting to 5.1.0.13 did not restore the satellite services for him. His last post in the thread said after flashing to 5.1.016 his sat services were working again, so I assumed there was some issue with 5.1.0.14 that was addressed in 5.1.016. Perhaps it was coincidence and something else caused his issue. Unfortunately the OP of this thread has not reported back if they have tried 5.1.016 and if it helped.

Regards,

Craig