Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Xtrend Et10k-Timer Recording Didn’t Records Properly

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    If a new pyo file wasn't created, doesn't it also mean that it doesn't get used after the GUI restart ?
    No. It should have been created when it was needed, which is not until you start doing the restore rather then just when you restart the GUI.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    No. It should have been created when it was needed, which is not until you start doing the restore rather then just when you restart the GUI.
    But it wasn't there after the restore. Post #43
    Last edited by ccs; 28-02-18 at 19:53.

Title
    Thanks
    But it wasn't there after the restore. Post #43
    Post #43 refers to after the restart of the GUI. What matters is whether it was there after the restore.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Post #43 refers to after the restart of the GUI. What matters is whether it was there after the restore.
    Ok, I can't remember now when I checked.
    I know I said after the restart of the GUI, and I guess it must have been created during the restore, but I can check again tomorrow if needs be.

Title
    Thanks
    If I flash 5.1.019 image release, and don't invoke the wizard, but do a backup restore by hand, I see this image.
    Whoopy do!
    Just remembered that this is a Backup restore, not a RestoreWizard one. Different code. Same (suspect) code ordering bug....

Title
    Thanks
    Whoopy do!
    Just remembered that this is a Backup restore, not a RestoreWizard one. Different code. Same (suspect) code ordering bug....
    So, here's another file to put into /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/ and restart the GUI before restoring settings.
    BackupManager.zip

7. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

ccs (28-02-18)

Title
    Thanks
    One other thing you could do after not invoking the Restore Wizard but before the manual restore is to look at (but not change) the tuner configuration. How many are active, and how many are DVB-T(2)?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    One other thing you could do after not invoking the Restore Wizard but before the manual restore is to look at (but not change) the tuner configuration. How many are active, and how many are DVB-T(2)?
    All 4 tuners are enabled as dvb-c, (but they will be restored as dvb-t2).

Got the failed condition as in post #37

pyo file created ok.

Title
    Thanks
    All 4 tuners are enabled as dvb-c, (but they will be restored as dvb-t2).
    But they will still be DVB-C when the Timers are loaded.....which is a bug.

Got the failed condition as in post #37

pyo file created ok.
    So even with the modified BackupManager.py it still fails? Perhaps some other initialization is missing....
    Last edited by birdman; 01-03-18 at 00:11.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    So even with the modified BackupManager.py it still fails? Perhaps some other initialization is missing....
    I'm afraid so, it's a wonder only 1 timer is disabled.

Title
    Thanks
    OK. So it appears we need to get the tuners re-evaluated after config load (I can't think of any other hardware info that would change...).

The only way this can be done (that I can see) is to re-initialize the nimmanger. Possibly a bit of a hack, but I dropped the code into setting up a Timer Edit list and it seems to run (i.e. enigma2 continues to run...).
    So, here are copies of BackupManager.py and RestoreWizard.py with the re-init code added after loading the actual config.

ReInitTuners.zip

Could you drop these into place and see how things go?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    .... Got the failed condition again as in post #37

BackupManager.pyo created ok.

Managed to get debug log of restore.
    Last edited by ccs; 01-03-18 at 12:13.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    ... annoyingly, a large number of completed timers are in the restored timers.xml file.

I don't know why, as I deleted them all, and double checked the timers list before taking a backup.

Is the completed timers delete a background process which may not have started?

Title
    Thanks
    .... Got the failed condition again as in post #37

BackupManager.pyo created ok.
    Hmmmm......

Managed to get debug log of restore.
    Well, at least that's good news. If you look at ~533.192 you'll see what is probably the original issue:
    < 533.192> [InitNimManager] tunerTypeChanged error: global name 'self' is not defined
    Oh, there's also this:
    < 533.183> [eDVBFrontend] opening frontend 0
    < 533.184> [eDVBFrontend] setDeliverySystem setting type to 1 from 0
    < 533.184> [eDVBFrontend] setDeliverySystem succefully changed delivery system to DVB-C
    Which probably means you're left with only your USB tuner as DVB-T2 at that point.
    Last edited by birdman; 01-03-18 at 12:53.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

ccs (01-03-18)

Title
    Thanks
    ... annoyingly, a large number of completed timers are in the restored timers.xml file.

I don't know why, as I deleted them all, and double checked the timers list before taking a backup.

Is the completed timers delete a background process which may not have started?
    Deleting a timer puts it into the deleted state. It gets removed from the file after a configurable time (allowing you to see timers which have run recently - since a timer gets deleted on completion).
    It's also configurable whether they are visible in the Timer List.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast