Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrestrial picture randomly breaking up - reboot receiver fixes it

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuey2017a View Post
    @ goRT - when you say its stable, you using OpenVix or OpenATV? and what version?
    Openvix .27 - .16 was no better and the menus are all different.

atv would be tomorrow's test, but if this is stable I'm not going to change for the sake of it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Title
    Thanks
    Well that's about an hour now, recording in 2 tuners, switching channels on the third (also swapping which tuner is spare) hasn't produced any issues.
    Looks to be a simple fix, thanks again to wos for a great product and support to match.

Title
    Thanks
    So the fix in your instance was to go to OpenVix versin 26 and manual scan.
    I'm on OpenATV 6.1 and latest nightly build and manual scan, but still issue randonly happens .. will download latest OpenVix in next day or two and try that image/app.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ... OpenATV nightly builds will (almost certainly) have different drivers to ViX, so will probably exhibit different results.

Title
    Thanks
    So the fix in your instance was to go to OpenVix versin 26 and manual scan.
    I'm on OpenATV 6.1 and latest nightly build and manual scan, but still issue randonly happens .. will download latest OpenVix in next day or two and try that image/app.
    Correct, manual scan only on the tuner demonstrating the issue.

Title
    Thanks
    goRT, is there any chance you could test this on OpenATV too, just to make sure its not that app.. no worries if not..

Title
    Thanks
    goRT, is there any chance you could test this on OpenATV too, just to make sure its not that app.. no worries if not..
    That will have to be tomorrow PM

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    I'm away for a few days, when I get back I'll look closer into this. Recent seen a couple of strange issues when using ABM with C/T2 tuners.

Sat tuners still all fine here. I'll leave box on while im away too.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicilian View Post
    . Recent seen a couple of strange issues when using ABM with C/T2 tuners.

Sat tuners still all fine here. I'll leave box on while im away too.
    I was going to start a thread tomorrow regarding my ABM issues using VU+ Uno4k with FBC cable tuner but since you mentioned that I thought I would post here to see if this is one of the issues you have seen. When ABM scans it scans and says video service 0 radio services 0 with no errors then I loose all my bouquets and end up having to reflash a backup, Manual scan seems to work so im not sure what the issue is.

I work nights so ill start a new thread tomorrow with logs I just wasn't sure if that is one of the issues you mentioned so I thought I would mention it sorry if its irrelevant to your post and sorry to the op for going off topic thanks.
    Last edited by dsayers; 28-09-17 at 16:04.

Title
    Thanks
    Great, thanks goRt
    Quote Originally Posted by goRt View Post

Title
    Thanks
    For me it's the first hybrid that causes the issue. Sat recording causes very minor pixelation on the dvb-t part.

Good to know others are experiencing the same issue, what is are you running?

Thanks

im on the latest version of vix v27 & the latest offical release of oscam direct off the oscam site & ive 2x cable feeds using separate outputs on the offical virgin splitter
    Last edited by mrxbox360; 28-09-17 at 16:34.

Title
    Thanks
    As an update ... issue has reoccurred again last night during a recording on Tuner a.
    In th enext day or day I will factory reset the box apply latest nightly build and manually setup the receiver (not from backup settings); just to see if I've intoduced something somewhere. If that doesn't work, I'll try OpenVix

Title
    Thanks

Ok, so I've tested last night's atv nightly and have the same issue with tuner a.
    I tried several manual retunes without any benefit.
    Worse when I've gone back to openvix (either a restore or new build) tuner a will not come good no matter how many manual retunes I perform!

Not sure what to do now, other than wait for inspiration when wos returns :-(

Title
    Thanks
    @goRt .. ah sorry man for getting you in that situation; although does seem to indicate a problem with the OpenATV build as apposed to physical tuner issue..
    .. as for the OpenVix tuner A issue you now have, is that on the same version you used prior to the OpenATV test? Sorry I can't be more help with OpenVix
    Last edited by Stuey2017a; 29-09-17 at 12:45.

Title
    Thanks
    @goRt .. ah sorry man for getting you in that situation; although does seem to indicate a problem with the OpenATV build as apposed to physical tuner issue..
    .. as for the OpenVix tuner A issue you now have, is that on the same version you used prior to the OpenATV test? Sorry I can't be more help with OpenVix
    Hi, no worries if I can add data that allows this to be resolved then that's good for all of us, I just disable tuner a which I can work round.

Just for clarity I'm using Vic .27 which was the version that I got working yesterday.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast