Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Terrestrial picture randomly breaking up - reboot receiver fixes it

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Title
    Thanks

Terrestrial picture randomly breaking up - reboot receiver fixes it

Hello all,

I recently purchased an "OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux Enigma 2 Receiver 2x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 Tuners 1x Satellite DVB-S/S2/S2X" but am frequently getting the picture breaking up from the Terrestrial tuners. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any sequence or time when this happens and is totally intermittant and random. When this issue happens - picture breaking up - if I restart the Octagon receiver it solves the issue and on restart the picture is fine. I have factory reset and flashed the Receiver with various OpenATV images; but the issue still exists.

As some background, the DVB-T twin tuner is installed into Slot 1 of the Receiver (as was purchased this way) and I have a coaxial line from my main house aerial into the RF In port on the back of the Receiver and another coax cable from the RF Out port of the Receiver into the television. I have not enabled/configured the DVB-S2 yet as wanted to fix the FreeView / picture breaking up issue.

The Tuner Configuration is set to:
    . Tuner A: DVB-T2 / Provider: Sandy Heath (Europe DVB-T/T2)
    . Tuner B: DVB-T2 / Provider: Sandy Heath (Europe DVB-T/T2)
    . Tuner C: not configured

I have performed both an automatic and manual scan against the relevant Transmitter for my area (Sandy Heath) as well as other nearby Transmitters (e.g. Sutton Coldfield, Waltham) and the "services" or channels the Tuner detects have a SNR of 99% and the picture is perfect. I have no additional plugins installed and as mentioned previously have flashed the Receiver to various nightly builds of OpenATV as well as trying both OpenATV version 6.0 and the later 6.1 releases (again various nightly builds of each release).

However, hours or days later - I cannot predict or see a pattern as to when the issue occurs - I turn on the Receiver (it is only placed into Standby mode and not Deep Standby) or start watching a previously recorded program and then when I go to view a channel the picture is breaking up and jittery and/or freezes. A reboot of the Receiver fixes the freezing and on reboot the picture again is perfect.

As a test I have previously configured the Tuner C/DVB-S2 and the issue has occurred with that configuration, however it was again only the Terrestrial (FreeView UK) channels affected by the breaking up picture and the FreeSat pictures were unaffected. I have now removed the DVB-S2 cable and setup; to narrow down the terrestrial/tuner issue.

I have enabled "debug logging" (via OpenATV - Menu - Setup - System - Log Settings), but see nothing obvious in the logs of anything wrong.

Has anyone ever come across such an issue or has some idea on what I can do to fix it; its a great Receiver but this picture breaking up issue is frustrating me. As a side, I used to have a Humax PVR and the picture never broke up on that or on the tv; so points to Octagon Receiver or OpenATV image issue?

Thanks in advance
    Stuart
    Last edited by Stuey2017a; 26-09-17 at 13:03.