Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: IPTV consistently freezing - comes back if channel changed

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IPTV consistently freezing - comes back if channel changed

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu-ray View Post
    Please try another image the Vix image is not compatible with your supplier, use Wooshbuild or iPab if you go to your Band/Admin they will tell you the same don’t waste your time trying to get Vix image to run smooth with iptv as it was designed for satellite.
    Apart from the random freeze, it works pretty damn well. Seems a shame to give up on Vix when it's so close to perfection

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    IPTV works fine for me on Vix just that OpenATV is more user friendly for time-shift and recording if your IPTV allows recording.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerTheTodger View Post
    Apart from the random freeze, it works pretty damn well. Seems a shame to give up on Vix when it's so close to perfection
    You don’t buy a Rolls Royce and take it to a Ford dealership when it goes wrong. You are asking for help on the wrong forum as i said Band/Admin and ask for help.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    It will only be a matter of time before its introduced into the forum rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can not see how iptv talk will be band as forum sponsor sells iptv boxes and people need help with those

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    IPTV works fine for me on Vix just that OpenATV is more user friendly for time-shift and recording if your IPTV allows recording.
    Glitch is still present for me with OpenATV and OpenPLI. Can't find any other images that support my box to try.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1554leslie View Post
    Can not see how iptv talk will be band as forum sponsor sells iptv boxes and people need help with those
    If you are lucky enough to get a good iptv supplier you will find more help from them then asking for help on a satellite forum. Just because WOS sells iptv ready box’s does not mean the forum they sponsor are obliged to help you with your iptv problems.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blu-ray For This Useful Post:

john doe (19-09-18)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Supplier? If they were legit you might get help.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    Already tried supplier, and although my box is supported, this seems to be a well known issue with Enigma2 boxes, not a lot the supplier can do about it other than to suggest trying another box. I've considered buying a MagBox, but as I said earlier, it would be a shame to bin the ET8000 as it otherwise functions perfectly. I'm only asking here because it would appear to be a glitch with the code, for which somebody has apparently found a fix, see my earlier post.

Title
    Thanks
    I've never got IPTV to timeshift but recording works well most of the time.
    All to down to how stable the stream is ,only needs a lengthy freeze for it to corrupt the recording.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1554leslie View Post
    Well Amazon also sell them, but you could not ask them these questions.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry to resurrect this thread but having used IPTV for a while now these are my observations; With a good stream there is absolutely no problems and never any freezing. Free streams that end with .ts always freeze after 1 or 2 minutes. They will also freeze using VLC player on laptop unless you click the 'loop' button. So openvix needs something like this to automatically reselect the stream if it freezes.

Streams will also freeze if there is a glitch in the original stream i.e if streaming and old recording from vhs tape where the signal might break up. So openvix needs to detect when stream is lost and simply reconnect the same as when you quickly change channels and go back and the stream starts again instantly. Would this be possible?

I should add free .ts file will always freeze and m3u or m3u8 files will freeze only if there is a major glitch.
    Last edited by spanner123; 09-09-18 at 15:55.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner123 View Post
    Sorry to resurrect this thread but having used IPTV for a while now these are my observations; With a good stream there is absolutely no problems and never any freezing. Free streams that end with .ts always freeze after 1 or 2 minutes. They will also freeze using VLC player on laptop unless you click the 'loop' button. So openvix needs something like this to automatically reselect the stream if it freezes.

Streams will also freeze if there is a glitch in the original stream i.e if streaming and old recording from vhs tape where the signal might break up. So openvix needs to detect when stream is lost and simply reconnect the same as when you quickly change channels and go back and the stream starts again instantly. Would this be possible?

I should add free .ts file will always freeze and m3u or m3u8 files will freeze only if there is a major glitch.

Mine always freezes but might take a couple of hours or 10 mins. Do you know if there is any box that will reconnect after the stream is loss without having to change channels. Mag, Dreamlink etc?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tred6666 View Post
    Mine always freezes but might take a couple of hours or 10 mins. Do you know if there is any box that will reconnect after the stream is loss without having to change channels. Mag, Dreamlink etc?
    No sorry I don't. But the strange thing is when I had an IPTV sub for a short while there was no freezing (that needed a quick channel change) and that was using .ts streams!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner123 View Post
    You can in many cases change the stream type yourself. When downloading channel lists from a XC server, change the output=ts to output=m3u8

The streams may not play with the standard (type 1) player but should be OK with the GST (Type 4097) or EXT-3 Eplayer (Type 5002)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lincsat View Post
    You can in many cases change the stream type yourself. When downloading channel lists from a XC server, change the output=ts to output=m3u8

The streams may not play with the standard (type 1) player but should be OK with the GST (Type 4097) or EXT-3 Eplayer (Type 5002)
    Thank you but I have tried changing to both type 1 & type 4097 and it doesn't make any difference to the freezing. 4097 is good for recording and type 1 is good for using stream in picture-in-picture.
    Will maybe give 5002 a go and see if that helps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast