Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Box looks like its dead, but its not

Title
    Thanks

Box looks like its dead, but its not

Please help if you can.
    I have a TM600 that i unfortunately have never really got into. But today i want to watch the andy murray tennis match,to find the lcd display is off.

I changed the fuse and it lit up with a number 9 on the display, but i couldnt do anything else. I switched it off again and again it appeared to be dead. I called technomate and they told me to hold the up button and to switch it on. Well that confirmed the box still had power as again the lcd display showed the number 8.

Nothing was showing on the tv though. I have downloaded the console 7.1 and attempted to update an image file and a boot file, but nothing uploads. The lcd display is not lit up again either.

I have also taken a look at the tutorial that digidude has created, but nothing shows on the tv, so i can not follow the guide.

Can someone please help.

Title
    Thanks
    going from what i vaguely remember of using this boxe tm600 if you power the box off and keep the up arrow pressed whilst switching on after few seconds a digit will come up on the display. this is the ip number allocated to the tm600. so you enter it in your webrowser it will bring up the miniweb page where you can reflash. so if the digit 8 comes up and your internal ips are for example 192.168.1.x enter 192.168.1.8 into your webbrowser and you will have access to the tm600 to reflash.
    D I S C L A I M E R
    My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

ET8500
    80cm motorised triax TD88

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Chris, i wish i saw your response earlier, or read a few more threads, as because now, it has gone back to showing nothing on the display. looks as if it is dead, but im sure it is not.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Are you getting any output to the TV?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    try removing power for about 5 minutes and keep the up arrow continuously pressed as you switch it back on for 30 seconds. repeat this proccess a few times as appears you have a bad flash
    D I S C L A I M E R

ET8500

Title
    Thanks
    @Sicilian - None at all.
    @irishchris - i will try.

Title
    Thanks
    None at all.

Title
    Thanks
    can you even telnet or ftp into box. if not maybe dead
    D I S C L A I M E R

ET8500

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Have you tried accessing the box via the mini web

hold the power button while turning on the power switch till the box displays 3 numbers these are the last 3 numbers of the boxes ip

then put the whole ip in to you web browser to bring up the mini web
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    Thanks
    I have switched it off & on a few times and the number 8 has appeared. I have used filezilla to try to access the box, i get the following response. I will try the null modem cable again.

Error: Connection timed out
    Error: Could not connect to server

Title
    Thanks
    bassethound, i will try that after the null modem cable.

Title
    Thanks
    I've had no luck with anything.
    THe null modem will not upload anything to the box. I tried powering off and holding down the power button, got only got a 0. Now, instead of numbers when i try holding down the channel up button, i get back to front letter. an upside down a and a back to front t.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,737 Posts
    Looks like its knackerd then 18days you can try sending it back to technomate for repair but i dont know how much it would cost for repair
    All PM,s asking about c/s on cable will be ignored and reported to forum staff!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,791 Times in 1,951 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bassethound View Post
    Looks like its knackerd then 18days you can try sending it back to technomate for repair but i dont know how much it would cost for repair
    Sounds like a corrupt bootloader to me...
    Rules can be found HERE
    Support our sponsor, World-Of-Satellite HERE
    Follow us on Twitter HERE
    -----
    Vu+ Ultimo (ViX Beta), Vu+ Solo (ViX Beta), CT ET9000 (ViX Beta)
    Dark Motor Superior with Inverto Ultra Black Twin LNB
    85cm Gibertini Aluminium Dish

Title
    Thanks
    Anyone know who won the tennis match
    I will be passing the technomate office next month, i'll drop it in then.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 18days For This Useful Post:

bassethound (20-01-11)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast