Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Video Playback

Title
    Thanks

Video Playback

Hi there

Has anyone else had issues with the SF4008 either crashing or stuttering during video file playback ?. Mine can do it on a variety of file types (mp4 , mkv etc) that ran fine on my old ZGemma?. Have an internal 120gb SSD drive so I assume the hardware is more than capable of playing a 1gig mp4 !

Many thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I`m Having the same problems on all recorded channels onto the box but not on videos that I FTP over, very strange???

Title
    Thanks
    Mmmmm..... Have to admit I was probably expecting more from this reclever than I should ..... It just seems a pig to do the simplest things with ... never mind ... learning experience I guess !

Title
    Thanks
    For what I wanted it for (mulitstream on 5 deg W for French TV) the Octagon is great, but like you digi999 I'm finding the actual operation of anything else is not just not intuitive but actually positively obstructive. For ages I've considered buying some sort of box like this and trying to educate myself on the whole Enigma/Dreambox/whatever world, but my experience with the Octagon has put me off trying anything further.

And it's only thanks to folk on here that I've got as far as I have - and I dare not fiddle further in case I wreck what I've already achieved.