Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Stream movies from pc to VU+ DUO?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Try recording a programme straight from your tv and see if that plays ok.

ttt.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, it does. It plays absolutely fine.

parkher
    Now I also tried playing movies from my PC (Windows XP) on Duo.
    Everything seems to be working fine, so far I tried several x264/mkv and XviD/avi.
    Jumping forward/backward with 1-3, 4-6, 7-9 works fine, except some times there is no sound after using 3, but ok with 6, 9.
    (I am using PLi for newbies updated yesterday from Duo, so probably pretty new image with new kernel and new drivers etc.)

To do this, I did the following:

1) added "File and printer sharing" - not sure if it was needed or not
    2) switched on "simple file sharing" - in Explorer: Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Use simple file sharing: CHECK.
    3) on a folder with movies I wanted to share, also in Explorer - select, right click -> Sharing and Security... -> Sharing TAB -> Network sharing and security > Share this folder on the network: CHECK, enter some share name; Allow network users to change my files: CHECK (perhaps not necessary)
    4) in ESET Smart Security firewall: added the IP address of Duo to Trusted Zone.
    5) in Duo - Menu->Setup->System-Network->NetworkBrowser->Rescan (yellow): my computer shows up (IMPORTANT - firewall must allow it, see 4, otherwise the computer does not show up)
    went inside, selected my newly created share (in 3), configured user/password (in my case: user, but no password, the same as for logging onto PC)
    Mounted. IMPORTANT: Duo does not report mounting errors, perhaps possible to do/see it via telnet. If usr/password is wrong, it will still say ok, but then the share will not show up in Media Player.
    With correct user/password, the share shows up in Media Player.
    6) Go to Media player, the share shows up - play it.

HOWEVER, as a newbie, I really don' know how to control Media Player, specifically, it seems that files from the network drive (or from anything?) are dropped down into the lower pane which seems to be some sort of a playlist.
    The same file may appear there multiple times, and perhaps different positions in it may be remembered for further watching.

My question is this: how to remove items from this "playlist" (the lower pane in the Media Player)?

Title
    Thanks
    I am using VIX IMage, in network setup i dont see the "network browser" , where is it?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I simply go to setup, system, network, and run network browser.
    I then browse my PC for my media loaction and mount it.
    Exit then hit menu, media player and select the mount that now shows up in media player.
    Play anything that's shared
    Hi i've mounted a folder on my HP MediaSmart Server following your instructions but the folder doesn't show up in my media player? just the harddisk, flash memory and USB Stick that's in the VU+ Duo already. Any Ideas?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567