Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stream movies from pc to VU+ DUO?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Stream movies from pc to VU+ DUO?

I have tried all sorts of methods to stream movies from my pc to VU+ DUO.None do the trick.Does anyone have a syre fire way of getting this to work?I would love to be able to watch avi files,but that is not important at this stage.I would just love to be able to stream.I can stream from my VU+ to my pc no problem.

Thanx.
    ttt.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    First what image do you have installed? Also the avi files you want to play are they divx/xvid? Would you like to play mkv's also?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    I simply go to setup, system, network, and run network browser.
    I then browse my PC for my media loaction and mount it.
    Exit then hit menu, media player and select the mount that now shows up in media player.
    Play anything that's shared

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monty For This Useful Post:

grtmoby (16-05-10),Sicilian (16-05-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    I simply go to setup, system, network, and run network browser.
    I then browse my PC for my media loaction and mount it.
    Exit then hit menu, media player and select the mount that now shows up in media player.
    Play anything that's shared
    I`ve tried that.Only the IP of my VU+ shows.I`ve manually added my PC IP in the expert settings mode.But then my VU+ just hangs.

I`m using Dream-Elit BH.

ttt.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Are you using the latest 1.3.2 image?

I'll get some screenshots of the correct settings tomorrow night.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    No,I`m using older usb version. I was thinking of going the multiboot method so I could use the latest version,but I`m scared I`ll do something wrong.

ttt.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Save all your settings/bouquets with dreamboxedit and save your cccam.cfg if you have one. Then re-flash using the latest Dream Elite 1.3.2 from here http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show....3.2-Multiboot

Flash the image to the flash, dont bother with multi-boot atm.

The 1.3.2 versions plays mkv's, perfect and it also plays most dvd iso files. Divx & xvids sometime play stretch and not at the correct resolution. 1080mkv's play spot on though from a mount network folder
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

ttt1892 (16-05-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I forgot to add.I can play MKV files no problem.But I would rather stream movies(avi) from my pc.I have to convert avi to mkv before I ftp the movie to my VU+ hard drive.Most of the time the conversion takes between 2 and 3 hours,so I`d rather stream.

ttt.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I think I have broken my VU. I`ve tried to flash a nifi image, and all I get when it starts to flash is a popup error message "tftp error" or something similar.Now I can`t do anything with the box.

ttt.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ttt1892 View Post
    I think I have broken my VU. I`ve tried to flash a nifi image, and all I get when it starts to flash is a popup error message "tftp error" or something similar.Now I can`t do anything with the box.

ttt.
    Sound like an IP error in the VuUtility. Check the IP settings. Have you tried flashing via usb again?

If your still having issue with flashing start another topic as this will be going off topic.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I got it back to life using usb stick. I`m gonna leave it alone before I do some serious damage to it.

ttt.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ttt1892 View Post
    I got it back to life using usb stick. I`m gonna leave it alone before I do some serious damage to it.

ttt.
    What image is on your receiver now? Are you able to mount a share from your PC? I've tested playing back divx/xvid, they dont really play correctly in the media player. If your downloading avi's to watch on your Duo I'd consider grabbing 1080 mkv's instead a the quality is loads better.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I`m using the old usb dream elite Bh I was using before.I haven`t bothered trying to mount a share from my pc because every other attempt I made,the box just hangs.I just wanted to watch movies I had on my PC without having to encode them.
    Thanx for all your help and patience Sic,but I`ve given up.I tried this with my Dreambox 7025 and never got it to work.All in all I`ve been trying for about 6 months without any joy.

ttt.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Dont be afraid to flash images to your Duo m8. If I was you I'd flash with the latest Dream Elite 1.3.2 http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/show....3.2-Multiboot Just because it says multiboot it dont work any different to the other Dream Elite images. It just means that meoboot is pre-installed. At least the DVD player, media player and drivers are updated. If you flash with this image we'll get a shared folder mounted from your pc There are ways of streaming, but we need to get a mounted pc folder first.
    D I S C L A I M E R

Rules can be found
    HERE
    HERE

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

ttt1892 (18-05-10)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Do the multiboot images have to be flashed using serial cable and lan cable? Or can I flash them using the usb stick? I tried yesterday to flash using the cables,but I got a "tftp error" "cannot connect" when it started to flash.At the moment I`m stuck with the old Dream-Elite BH usb image,which is great,but as you say the drivers are old.

ttt.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast