Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Playing MKV files on Xtrend ET8500

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Playing MKV files on Xtrend ET8500

I am running my Xtrend on Openvix Build 4.2.004 (last updated 10-9-2016) and have had little or no problems with it so have left well alone.
    I have a 1Tb hard drive formatted to exFAT with a lot of mkv movie files (some as much as 15Gb) which, if possible, I would like to play through my ET8500. When I plug it into my Xtrend it says no suitable files are present and I cannot locate the drive via my LIST function. I went into the plug-ins section and downloaded the exFAT plugin but it has made no difference. Perhaps the downloaded plug-in still needs to be installed some way, but I do not know how to do that.
    Can anyone please advise on this matter?
    Thank you.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    are you sure it is not mounted automatically? USB devices should be found at /media/usb and the the name of the drive.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

Delboy181251 (24-04-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hi ciao,
    Went into mount manager and hit the blue button to mount the drive. I was then able to navigate to the MKV files and they seem to play really well.
    Regards,
    Last edited by Delboy181251; 24-04-17 at 20:07.