Hello,

Still struggling to fully understand the whole Unicable / FBC business (despite reading many excellent posts on the forum!)

I just found an installer to upgrade to Unicable / FBC. However he’s proposing to fit the “old” Inverto Unicable (IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-0PP), which according to its spec sheet only supports 4 SCRs. The newer Unicable 2 (Inverto’s IDLU-32UL40-UNBOO-OPP) supports 32. My primary STB will be a vu+ Solo4k but I need the set up to be future proof and capable of feeding a second STB (with FBC tuners) for streaming contents etc.

Could someone please explain the key differences between the original Unicable and Unicable 2 in general terms, and also for my proposed setup? Am I correct that the 4 vs 32 SCRs is a serious limitation?

Also in a previous thread about a year ago, Rob van der Does reported problems between Unicable (1) LNBs and Vu+ dual tuners. If this problem has not been sorted then clearly I need to avoid the IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-0PP. Correct?

The Inverto Unicable 2 are programmable. Does that mean that they must first be programmed for a specific setup prior to / as part of the installation, or can they be used straight out of the box? In what situations do they need to be programmed, is it only when combining LNBs to “replace” the DISEqC?

Also the installer stated that “solo4k accepts only 4freq on each cable when unicable lnb is used.” Is this just about each input being capable of supporting 4 virtual tuners?

Thanks for any advice, comments or suggestions… almost there.
Mr_D