Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: os mini this is not a genuine stb message

Title
    Thanks
    Tried factory reset but does the same. Reflashed with different images with out any restore still the same. I got 2 boxes off supplier the other is fine and i set up the exact same way.

Ill have to get onto supplier on tuesday about it and see what they say but they dont like to help if box was reflashed

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by antoh85 View Post
    Tried factory reset but does the same. Reflashed with different images with out any restore still the same. I got 2 boxes off supplier the other is fine and i set up the exact same way.

Ill have to get onto supplier on tuesday about it and see what they say but they dont like to help if box was reflashed
    if they not willing to help, then something weird there. although seen some yout*** videos of them with good advice etc
    Last edited by john doe; 16-04-17 at 16:10.
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    I hope not. Iv bought a lot of stuff off them over the past few years and this is the first issue iv had so want to be sure its not something iv done.

Is it possible to flash the os mini by rs232 and do a complete wipe of all os off the box. Possible the hardware may be currupt and a basic flash might not be sorting this

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    although seen some yout*** videos of them with good advice etc
    They have always been quite helpful in the past and do tell people how to flash the boxes so ill see what they say if i cant get it fixed. Needed it for tomorrow but ill use my own box and hopefully that wont have issues.

Ill be very carefully checking my customers broadband before i connect another box up to it. But coming from an isp backround as standard with the router no ports should be open. the only thing i can think of that caused this is an auto update to the box

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    flashing through usb should clear it all and put new image on. not sure rs323 flashing
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ... vix never auto updates.

Title
    Thanks
    What ever is causing this is hard coded into box. Any flash iv done since box has been off line and after 2mins the message is back and im locked out.

If i brick the box can it still be flashed by usb

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    The box is doing this due to something the retailer has built in, there is no other reason for it happening if you have done all suggest above if they don't agree to the return there's your confirmation.
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    When i first turned on the box vix was on it which i thought was unusual as any other boxes i got had atv on it as atv is default. Still weird how the second box which was the same is working fine.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I would be surprised if the retailer isn't a member and reading this thread
    Vix image (usually latest) - VU Solo 4K- WD 1TB INTERNAL HDD - DVB-T Freeview, trialling IPTV options

If my response has helped you, don't forget to hit the thanks button below. I appreciate you appreciate me

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Where are you downloading your images from?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

twol (16-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duoduo View Post
    I would be surprised if the retailer isn't a member and reading this thread
    If they were at least they would be reading this so they could be prepaired when i ring them.

I get my images from openvix. Co.uk, openpli .org or.optna .tv depending on which i want

14. The Following User Says Thank You to antoh85 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (17-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    please do a full flash with openvix from this site, do not set up any network, either hardwired or wireless, install no skins or plugins, set up tuners, run a abm scan, view fta channels only, ie. BBC ONE. and report back with findings. include any pics of the message displayed.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ford1 For This Useful Post:

twol (16-04-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ford1 View Post
    please do a full flash with openvix from this site, do not set up any network, either hardwired or wireless, install no skins or plugins, set up tuners, run a abm scan, view fta channels only, ie. BBC ONE. and report back with findings. include any pics of the message displayed.
    I downloaded a fresh copy of openvix.
    After flashing i go through the setup wizard and before i can even scan for sat i get the message up on the screen and i cant go any further.
    Iv done it about 10 times and same result

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    How are you flashing the image onto receiver?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast