Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to switch between satellite & terrestrial

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    If you have no HD channels for Freeview, please see the stuck thread for it. Sorry on phone so can't post link.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ljmramst (13-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone. Right I've stopped whilst I'm almost (I think) there.

I did what Andy said and also followed other advice elsewhere on site that said not to generate a main S*y bouquet. While this obviously means I've lost my S*y All channel list at least the Entertainment, Movies, Sport channel sections all now have the correct numbers.

I've also finally managed to get my Freeview channels included, I press the epg button then the right arrow until my Freeview bouquets appear. Is this how it should be?

I've kept my Freeview bouquets to 2 (all channels & HD), the only thing that's not 100% are the channel numbers.
    Freeview HD starts with BBC1 at 3001, Ch5 is 3005 and so on. Freeview all channels start at 2001 and proceed he same way.

It's not a massive problem, I'm way forward thanks to all the advice on here but if there is a simple solution then I'm all ears.
    I've tried swapping the order of preference but of course that only made a difference to the order they appeared on the epg not the channel numbers. Hey I'm new, I'll try anything to see if it works

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Numbering is cumulative. You cannot have two 101s. The only way around it is to use alternate numbering in image. Every bouquet will start at 1 then.

Another option....you can also merge the Freeview channels into the Sky bouquets. I don't anyone has created a mix file for this yet. You get channel 4+1 in HD, and bitrate is usually better on Terrestrial. Only problem is volume is lower.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi.
    Regarding channel numbering. Try this, navigate to Channel Selection Settings
    (Menu / Setup / System / Channel Selection Settings), then change Alternative numbering mode to yes.
    This will allow channel numbering to start at 1.
    Stu.

Title
    Thanks
    Stu & abu baniaz thank you both, I'll give that a try. I'm happy to have got this far though it was frustrating me.
    If I make an image back up on VIX by clicking Green button 'New Backup' will that save everything I've done so far inc my epg settings?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ljmramst View Post
    Stu & abu baniaz thank you both, I'll give that a try. I'm happy to have got this far though it was frustrating me.
    If I make an image back up on VIX by clicking Green button 'New Backup' will that save everything I've done so far inc my epg settings?
    Yeah it will. Or better still if you wanted an exact Image of what you currently have go to Blue button > ViX > Image manager & I think it is the Green or Yellow button. Says something like New Image? If you do that, it will create an image for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

ljmramst (14-03-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Cheers Andy. I think I had it all sorted much earlier than I realised, if only I'd spotted that 'add provider prefix to bouquets' and made it 'yes' that bit sooner.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ljmramst View Post
    Cheers Andy. I think I had it all sorted much earlier than I realised, if only I'd spotted that 'add provider prefix to bouquets' and made it 'yes' that bit sooner.
    Yeah but at least you know now and you can feel a bit more confident in setting up an e2 receiver from scratch when need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12