Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Os mini wont initialise 320gb Hard Drive!

Title
    Thanks

Os mini wont initialise 320gb Hard Drive!

Hi all

Just recently bought an Os Mini DVBS2 x 2 but the Hd that it came with refuses to initialise. Attached is the error message and also an image of the Hd.
    As can be seen, the vendor has used the front usb port and connected it via usb cable to the sata of the Hard Disk making the front CA and USB redundant. I presume this is the norm for these boxes while using an internal 2.5 HD?

It should be noted that ive connected a 64gb Sandisk Stick to the back usb which initialises without issue. Ive also taken the cover off the box and the 320 Gb Hard Drive is defo powering up. In fact the box displays the HD in the menu but just wont initialise. 20170305_092205.jpg20170305_093235.jpg

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I doubt the forum sponsor would have sold you that. Send it back to where you got it.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    The box is not designed to take an internal HDD, looks like its been butchered to take one tho.
    They don't have enough power to run the HDD, you really need an external power supply to run the HDD.
    I got those error messages trying to run my HDD off USB the box simply is not powerful enough.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by discobrother View Post
    Hi all

Just recently bought an Os Mini DVBS2 x 2 but the Hd that it came with refuses to initialise. Attached is the error message and also an image of the Hd.
    As can be seen, the vendor has used the front usb port and connected it via usb cable to the sata of the Hard Disk making the front CA and USB redundant. I presume this is the norm for these boxes while using an internal 2.5 HD?
    Complete bodged job. The box is not advertised as having a facility for an internal hard disk. The Enigma2 boxes that do have this facility don't use a USB interface - they use a SATA inteface.
    This is a 2.5" disk and external caddy electronics. The external (boxed) version of this USB disk comes with a cable that plugs into TWO USB ports in order to supply the necessary power. The spec for your box says the USB ports can supply a maximum of 500mA - the disk says it requires 500mA and the caddy electronics must take more power. I suspect that the box cannot supply enough power for that disk.
    The vendor may have got away with that arrangement if a better quality low power hard disk had been fitted but even then it may have been marginal if the power supply is only provided from one USB port.
    Last edited by adm; 05-03-17 at 12:26.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Where the heck did you buy it from? And what did you pay for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    looks like for some reason you have opened the box and took a HDD and strap it to something inside:. Why do that? why not by a box that you can install a proper HDD into? no wonder its not working. just plug it in to the usb port and setup that way.

the funniest thing I've seen
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    looks like for some reason you have opened the box and took a HDD and strap it to something inside:. Why do that? why not by a box that you can install a proper HDD into? no wonder its not working. just plug it in to the usb port and setup that way.

the funniest thing I've seen
    Because the vendor sold him it in that state.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Because the vendor sold him it in that state.
    defo not from the sponsor
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    probably came with a "free gift"
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.