Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HLG test stream problem

Title
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=twol;438855]Actually any powered HDD or even usb stick should do.... but usb stick is really slow and I have had hangs so try to use something else if possible ... obviously then unzip the image backup and move the HD51 folder to a usb stick and flash.
    The Image Backup code was written in a way that EMMC disk image created for the HD51 will hopefully correct the boxmode - IF this is your issue (I can certainly recreate your issue no video, only audio by changing boxmodes)
    So you are basically backing up the image and restoring it exactly as before ... but maybe with a different boxmode

I hope this works ... if so I can then go away and have a discussion with someone [/QU

Neat way of going.
    Will let you know as soon as hdd is formatted . and I can do the backup.

Thx again

Title
    Thanks
    well the box keeps saying there is a problem with the HDD tried a backup to USB stick but nothing on it,
    Will go back to youre first suggestion with some help from a friend.
    Thx for all the effort.

Title
    Thanks
    OK All is well it worked fine the hard way with help from a friend via teamviewer.

It wqas on boxmode 12, we changed it to boxmode 1.

This is what we did:

[B] Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    OK.
    Using something like putty, telnet into the box, login using the box IP address and root and then init 4 to stop the box.
    Ftp into the box using something like Filezilla.
    In the directory tree 2nd down is the boot directory which should contain 5 folders STARTUP, STARTUP_! thru STARTUP_4
    Transfer STARTUP to your PC

Using Notepad (Windows) or gedit (linux) have a look
    It should contain either: boot emmcflash0.kernel2 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 rw rootwait hd51_4.boxmode=1' or boot emmcflash0.kernel2 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 rw rootwait hd51_4.boxmode=12'
    If it is 12 change it just to 1 and save.
    Copy it back and reboot the HD51 using init 6 in the telnet app.

Hopefully that will work

Please let me know the result or which boxmode you have

Thx again

Rob
    Last edited by cooknl; 11-02-17 at 12:38.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cooknl View Post
    OK All is well it worked fine the hard way with help from a friend via teamviewer.

This is what we did:

[B] Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    OK.
    Using something like putty, telnet into the box, login using the box IP address and root and then init 4 to stop the box.
    Ftp into the box using something like Filezilla.
    In the directory tree 2nd down is the boot directory which should contain 5 folders STARTUP, STARTUP_! thru STARTUP_4
    Transfer STARTUP to your PC

Using Notepad (Windows) or gedit (linux) have a look
    It should contain either: boot emmcflash0.kernel2 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 rw rootwait hd51_4.boxmode=1' or boot emmcflash0.kernel2 'root=/dev/mmcblk0p5 rw rootwait hd51_4.boxmode=12'
    If it is 12 change it just to 1 and save.
    Copy it back and reboot the HD51 using init 6 in the telnet app.

Hopefully that will work

Please let me know the result or which boxmode you have

Thx again

Rob
    So can I assume you had 12 and changed to 1 and everything is now OK and you can see the 2160 channel???
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

cooknl (11-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    I could see all the 2160 channels EXCEPT for HLG test channel. Also INSIGHT UHD does not work but I understand that has to do with german HD+ encryption.

Other then that I ran into a few channels which he could not find the PID or something but that dont bother me I can re scan the channels to fix that i guess.

Anyway all is fine now!!! yes went from boxmode 12 to boxmode 1.

Rob

Title
    Thanks
    Now I wonder what went wrong with installing VIX, because when I was running ATV it worked fine from the getgo, does VIX change the boxmode to 12 for some reason???

Title
    Thanks
    Now I wonder what went wrong with installing VIX, because when I was running ATV it worked fine from the getgo, does VIX change the boxmode to 12 for some reason???
    well depends when you had OpenATV running
    .. would be interested to know exactly as this is not a ViX issue
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

cooknl (11-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Hmm you say it is NOT a VIX issue. I just wonder then what did happen.

The ATV image was from december 2016. Then the box's HDMI went to POT and I had to return it for repair in december 2016.
    Got it back late january and could not get the installed PLI image to work due to some decoding problems, plus it was a PLI image that was I guess a factory installed one.
    Then I downloaded the latest PLI image and couldnt get it to work correctly with the same decoding problems.
    Thats when I decided to install the openvix image and it worked fine right from the getgo, EXCEPT for the HLG DEMO CHANNEL.
    Thats when I decided to ask in the VIX forum here, why I could not receive only the HLG demo channel, thanx to you, the fix of the boxmode # as the result of the HLG demo channel working correctly.

Thats a short summary of the life of my HD51.

Rob
    Last edited by cooknl; 11-02-17 at 14:57.

Title
    Thanks
    Hmm you say it is NOT a VIX issue. I just wonder then what did happen.

The ATV image was from december 2016. Then the box's HDMI went to POT and I had to return it for repair in december 2016.
    Got it back late january and could not get the installed PLI image to work due to some decoding problems, plus it was a PLI image that was I guess a factory installed one.
    Then I downloaded the latest PLI image and couldnt get it to work correctly with the same decoding problems.
    Thats when I decided to install the openvix image and it worked fine right from the getgo, EXCEPT for the HLG DEMO CHANNEL.
    Thats when I decided to ask in the VIX forum here, why I could not receive only the HLG demo channel, thanx to you, the fix of the boxmode # as the result of the HLG demo channel working correctly.

Thats a short summary of the life of my HD51.

Rob
    The defaults were changed to boxmode 12 in January 19/21 (so this now changes all the images on the OE-A) following a driver change and I am trying to get the person concerned to tell me why (apart from that it fixed one of their image issues )
    Last edited by twol; 11-02-17 at 15:25.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

cooknl (11-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok let me know what you find out, I sure would be interested to know also.

Title
    Thanks
    Hey TWOL did you ever find out why the drivers were changed??

Title
    Thanks
    Hey TWOL did you ever find out why the drivers were changed??
    Well, its not the drivers but the way the EMMC image is built .... with boxmode =1 (the previous default) you get HDR but no PIP.
    Apparently most ATV users wanted PIP, so it was changed to boxmode =12 (PIP, No HDR).
    It just so happens that if you want Boxmode=1, ImageManager image backup still uses boxmode=1 when setting up the EMMC, so using that will continue to reset the default if you cannot use filezilla/notepad to change the /boot/STARTUP file
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12