Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Edision Mega Hardware fail ?

Title
    Thanks

Edision Mega Hardware fail ?

Hi

Just received my OS Mega a few days ago and all was great. Today I go to watch and its just sitting with a red light on the front, no display, no output. Turn it on and off and get a glimpse of an Openxvix screen and then nothing. Still no front panel display. Support advised a couple of things including trying to reflash. Will not recognise either USB stick to commence flashing but as it has no display I'm guessing its a terminal hardware fault? Dissapointing after a few days :-(
    Any others had this ?

Title
    Thanks
    Hopefully a very rare failure.
    Only had mine a few days too so probably from the same batch, thankfully no problems so far. Also running openvix, performance wise it's been excellent.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, it was excellent. I was very impressed until now. I purchased from World of Satellites who were initailly replying to my emails in minutes suggesting standard stuff, but including reflashing the firmware. Now thats not worked they don't seem to be able to reply with a returns number. I'm pissed off with them more. They said they would have to test it and see if it was faulty. It clearly is, but I will likely now be without a tuner for god knows how long. Its not even a week old. The correct actions from them should have been to despatch a new box to me today and have the courier collect the old one. Now we will be running over a weekend.
    Crap service based on my experience so far.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pud666 For This Useful Post:

johnrichard (18-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Hope your devices including the OS Mega are connected via a surge protector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    In the past I had problems with my 10 month oid Nano2super purchased from WOS. I receved loads of help and replacement parts from them.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,054 Times in 7,638 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pud666 View Post
    Yes, it was excellent. I was very impressed until now. I purchased from World of Satellites who were initailly replying to my emails in minutes suggesting standard stuff, but including reflashing the firmware. Now thats not worked they don't seem to be able to reply with a returns number. I'm pissed off with them more. They said they would have to test it and see if it was faulty. It clearly is, but I will likely now be without a tuner for god knows how long. Its not even a week old. The correct actions from them should have been to despatch a new box to me today and have the courier collect the old one. Now we will be running over a weekend.
    Crap service based on my experience so far.
    Unfortunately electronics. I think you'll find a lot of independent retailers will not send replacements until original items are received and inspected. Just one of this things.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, I have a 4 way surge protected filter.

Title
    Thanks
    So, now I have a 30 mile round trip to take the unit back to a DPD location on a returns service of unspecified duration for a unit that is 6 days old. If I'm lucky I might get a replacement inside a week. Its crap. Perhaps I will go down the refund route instead

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satturn View Post
    In the past I had problems with my 10 month oid Nano2super purchased from WOS. I receved loads of help and replacement parts from them.
    10 months old, they have given you good service. Mine is 6 days old...

Title
    Forum Sponsor
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,309 Times in 474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pud666 View Post
    So, now I have a 30 mile round trip to take the unit back to a DPD location on a returns service of unspecified duration for a unit that is 6 days old. If I'm lucky I might get a replacement inside a week. Its crap. Perhaps I will go down the refund route instead
    If you waited for a our support ticket reply this morning you would have seen that we would have arranged collection of the item. We never realised DPD drop off location was 15 miles for where you live, apologies. It would have been advisable to await our reply than open a Paypal case against us whilst we where in the process of trying to resolve your issue.

Contrary to what you think, we try to provide excellent customer services. As with any electronics, they can fail. Nothing can be done about that. You could spend £2000 on a TV in Currys and it could still fail.

Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team
    Official Distributor of Formuler products, GiGaBlue, Octagon,
    Technomate, Tiviar, VU+, Xtrend and many more...
    Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!
    PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*
    *SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    From my experience WoS have been nothing but fantastic when coming to purchasing products and any support questions I have always had prompt responses. 10/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by world-of-satellite.co.uk View Post
    If you waited for a our support ticket reply this morning you would have seen that we would have arranged collection of the item. We never realised DPD drop off location was 15 miles for where you live, apologies. It would have been advisable to await our reply than open a Paypal case against us whilst we where in the process of trying to resolve your issue.

Contrary to what you think, we try to provide excellent customer services. As with any electronics, they can fail. Nothing can be done about that. You could spend £2000 on a TV in Currys and it could still fail.
    Nice to speak with you on the phone this morning. I'm glad we now see things through each other's eyes. Let's move forwards now.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pud666 For This Useful Post:

Bangord30 (10-02-17),world-of-satellite.co.uk (10-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Always order from WOS you cant beat there service and help sometimes people are unable to answer straight away..