Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Can't boot Help please

Title
    Thanks

Can't boot Help please

I was just backing up image and it stopped at 54/100 and then crashed. I then got a message saying that I had to restart my machine. On restarting I am just getting the Vu screen and nothing else happens
    I have tried just putting the Vu plus folder on a USB stick from a previous backup but nothing happens
    I did notice there was a further folder in the Vu plus folder called uno4k. Should this be on the top level of the USB stick
    I am running openvix 028 which was installed when purchased
    Please help
    Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry, can't help with that, just to say I have same problem (my system openvix 029) it just keeps wanting to start and is stuck at "49". I have done factory reset .

Title
    Thanks
    I would do that but can't get the box started

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I reflashed then went back with software openvix 026 on a usb stick, now loading channels from dreambox edit, hoping to reinsert softcams soon!
    Problem seems to be software version 028 and/or version 029, when I try to restart with them it will not restart. appears to be OK with version 026.There is new software not version 030 ((i'll inform if this works)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Above post should have read ".There is new software version 030 ((i'll inform if this works

Title
    Thanks
    Just got an ATV 6 image to load. Ill see how this goes

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Hello again, I have looked at other forums on this site and they all mention more or less the same thing re not booting with version openvix 027/028 and 029. I have a miraclebox premium mini+ (if that makes any difference) I reflashed to version 026 and ran "setup wizard" but only searched one transponder, switched off box.switched box on and reinstalled my plugins and extensions then loaded channels from dreambox edit, saved to backup manager and image manager. Ran software update (version 4.2.030) Everything appears to be OK now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to malcolmp For This Useful Post:

chalky (07-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks very interesting. I've found openvix 029 image but where can I download the 030 image. Not sure whether to put on openatv image if there are problems with 029 as well.
    Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I am using a Miraclebox Premium Mini Plus with openvix and Sylk1 HD skin and I concur that I can't find version 030 on the openvix web site.
    I found the version on the box in the main menu. Go to main menu>setup>go down to Software update> I found 4.2.030 there.
    Earlier today i tried OpenATV (didn't like it and returned to openvix) maybe I picked up a bug there and then. It appears a lot of people have some sort of problem with 027, 028 and 029.

Title
    Thanks
    Just an update
    After flashing Openvix 029 yesterday and all set up and working. This morning according to the info screen I am now on 030 my image, must have automatically updated overnight.
    Its running ok at the moment on HD Blue skin, also added a couple of plugins.
    The 030 image is however not showing on the Uno 4K download section

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Nope, ViX images don't automatically update. Never have and never will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    I'm sure I downloaded 029 from openvix site day before yesterday, flashed that evening but powered on the following day. As malcomp concurred we couldn't find 030 but I see its now there.
    It's got me confused however like I said alls working at the moment