Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Remote problem

Title
    Thanks

Remote problem

Just setup my osmega which has the latest openvix put on by WOS.
    I have a Geneva sound base attached to my Panasonic TV which is connected with an optical cable.
    The problem I have is that the Up button on the Edision turns the sound base on and off. For example when in any menu scrolling up turns the sound base on and off
    Help please

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    There is nothing you can do mate. It's very unfortunate. I have a similar problem insofar as the edision remote's blue button changes the input on my hdmi switcher, luckily for me I can just use the 2nd input on my TV. Change your box or your sound base I'm afraid.
    Vu solo 2, vu solo se V2, technomate tm nano 2T OE.
    97cm technomate dish fixed 28.2E octo lnb, 13E twin lnb and 19.2E twin lnb.
    Logitech harmony 350.

Title
    Thanks
    Did you by any chance programme the remote to control your sound system?

I have a Denon AV receiver that my TV and edision receiver connect to but I don't experience your issue.

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk
    Edision OS MEGA TRIPLE TUNER COMBO
    Edision OS MINI+ Plus

Formuler F1
    Triviar Alpha

Title
    Thanks
    The remote was not programmed, 6 of the buttons were doing things on the sound base from switching it off to increasing the base. It was a disaster
    I've sent the box back so I'll have to get another make but can't be sure that it won't happen again though. I contacted support and they have informed Edision about the conflict and I have contacted the sound base company but not received any feedback. It looks like I'll be out of pocket with this and will have to think twice about where and what I purchase next

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I guess the problem is knowing whether Geneva or the Edision have used the wrong codes.

I know this is a stupid idea, but if you had a harmony remote, you could program it control any box you're considering buying, and then test it out on your sound base first.
    Last edited by ccs; 27-01-17 at 20:46.

Title
    Thanks
    Yes good idea
    I do have a harmony but the osmega was not on the data base so I had to manually enter the code using the learning function.
    I'll check out the other receivers on the harmony but if it's a new box the chances are it won't be on the database

Title
    Thanks
    Loaded codes of mut@ant hd52, vulnerable duo 4k, and human 1100s onto my harmony remote
    None of these had any effect on the soundbase

8. The Following User Says Thank You to chalky For This Useful Post:

ccs (28-01-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chalky View Post
    Yes good idea
    I do have a harmony but the osmega was not on the data base so I had to manually enter the code using the learning function.
    I'll check out the other receivers on the harmony but if it's a new box the chances are it won't be on the database
    For info, the Mega uses the same remote codes as the os-mini which is on the harmony database.
    Vu solo 2, vu solo se V2, technomate tm nano 2T OE.
    97cm technomate dish fixed 28.2E octo lnb, 13E twin lnb and 19.2E twin lnb.
    Logitech harmony 350.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Busterroo For This Useful Post:

roybach (22-02-17)