Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: EPG not populating - using crossepg and all setup correct on latest openvix

Title
    Thanks

EPG not populating - using crossepg and all setup correct on latest openvix

Hi all.

I can see this topic has been spoken about quite a bit but cannot seemto find the solution. i have a vu+ solo2 box runnign the latest openvix and use crossepg to download the EPG. currently i have it set to store on HDD. Now what i carnt understand is sometimes.

Most of the channels populate on the EPG when i load it up, so it may populate about 5 or 10 channels then miss quite a few etc

sometimes, hardly any and to get them to populate i normal press right and keep going along then day and then back to current time and it loads the epg for that channel etc.

but why will it not load every single channels EPG as soon as i click the EPG button on my remote? its frustrating.

i have the epg to save on the HDD
    i have selected to have it automatically updated everyday at 6am.
    i have selected sky UK in the sources section etc

dont know what else could be the problem.

hope somebody can help thank you

Title
    Thanks
    I suffered from this problem also.

I switched to EPG-Importer instead and now have no problems.

HTH

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    There is something wrong with your cross setup. The channels that are populated have been by Freesat EPG.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    There is something wrong with your cross setup. The channels that are populated have been by Freesat EPG.
    Ho yes thats correct it seems like only the FREE channels EPG load, but if i want my paid channels EPG to load i have to click on that channel and scrools to the right for a few hours and then back scrolling to the left and a few programmes appear

5. The Following User Says Thank You to arnie2014 For This Useful Post:

garryboy (30-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    As @huevos has pointed out - your CrossEPG settings would appear to be wrong. Do you have OpenTV 28.2 ticked in your CrossEPG settings? What happens when you run CrossEPG manually? Are you sure it is actually running at 6am? You need to have the box in normal standby (not deep standby) as CrossEPG won't wake up the box from deep standby. I normally leave my STB in deep standby overnight and use a PowerTimer to wake the box up at 5am, then run ABM at 05:03 and CrossEPG at 05:05 then shut the box down again at 05:10.
    Last edited by Joe_90; 31-01-17 at 01:53.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Thanks
    Hi yes opentv 28.2 is the only source ticked in my crossepg settings.

iv tried both saving it to HDD and USB but nothing. when i try and run crossepg manually i get an error saying about tuner 2 timeout lock error ( i believe my cable is fautly and waiting engineer come and have a look) but surely that shouldnt stop my EPG should it

and im not sure its actually runnign at 6am as i never stay up that late to watch it. when i go to bed i just press the power button on the remote

Title
    Thanks
    try and disable tuner b, then run a manual scan, if this works, then it is indeed your second tuner that is at fault, cross epg uses the FREE tuner to lock on to a sky channel to download the epg data. if it cannot use tuner b it may fail.

The fault lies with the second tuner, not cross epg.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    It would have been helpful to tell us at the begining the second cable was faulty. If that is faulty and the tuner is configured cross can't download the data.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (01-02-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Until signal wire is fixed, best to disconnect it.

Connect good wire to Tuner B, set that as simple, single, 28.2.

Leave Tuner A with nothing connected to it. Set that as loop through to tuner B.