Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Autoresolution

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Have you considered not using AutoResolution at all, fixing the output of your box to match the resolution of TV set to which it is connected and letting the box scale to that resolution?
    LOL.... That's the Ostrich policy
    Of course that's an option, but the idea of the AR-plugin is to let the box's output resolution to match the resolution of the source. Or in other words: to make the TV do all the scaling or the STB.
    We do have a mini version of AR built in ViX, but the AR-plugin is meant for people who want to have all possible options.
    I'll upload a short recording from a German 720p service to our FTP-server.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Nitemare (27-01-17),tappari (27-01-17)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    So what happens when you change the 720p refresh rate from multi to 50hz?
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Of course that's an option, but the idea of the AR-plugin is to let the box's output resolution to match the resolution of the source. Or in other words: to make the TV do all the scaling or the STB.
    We do have a mini version of AR built in ViX, but the AR-plugin is meant for people who want to have all possible options.
    EXACTLY ... AR is meant to give you more choices!!!

Like i said the VTi version of their AR works perfectly?? I'm putting it down to the UHD Modes theirs has and AR VIX/OBH doesn't??
    VU+ Ultimo 4K (2 * FBC DVB-S2 Twin Tuner & 1 * DVB S2 Twin Tuner & 1 * USB Turbo Tuner)

2.2M motorized antenna (45°W - 45°E) : 1.0M motorized antenna (55°W - 55°E) : 1.0M fixed antenna (28.2°E)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitemare View Post
    EXACTLY ... AR is meant to give you more choices!!!
    But it also means that you arrive at the situation where the box is scaling to one resolution, then your TV is scaling from that to its native resolution (which it will always have to do unless you send it a signal that is its native resolution - it only has one screen geometry).
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    But it also means that you arrive at the situation where the box is scaling to one resolution, then your TV is scaling from that to its native resolution (which it will always have to do unless you send it a signal that is its native resolution - it only has one screen geometry).
    I agree, scaling twice is really defeating the object and should be avoided.
    The scaling in the Ultimo4K is pretty good i think.
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    I was just promoting what I do. I let the box do all of the scaling, and it always outputs 1080p (or 1080i) to my TV. A setup that is simple and works.

but the AR-plugin is meant for people who want to have all possible options.
    Both possible options! Either the TV or the box does the scaling. Although I have a suspicion (from reading the code) that using the AR plugin means that there will be situations where both the TV and the box will be doing something, which isn't ideal.

Thanks.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    This can all be fixed to work by adding UHD (2160p) Interlace & Progressive to available Modes in AR ...

The problem at moment is that VIX/OBH only has an HD Progessive Mode ... so any HD mode not covered by HD Interlace will default to the 2160p I have in the AV Settings Menu ...

Yes ... I could have set my AV Settings to 1080p but then whats the point in me changing to the 4K VU+ box then or having a 4K TV??

So What if it involves scaling twice if in the end I get the picture to show on my TV with correct resolution?

I'm not as talented as others on here, (coding wise), but would it be possible to look at the VTi version and see if the VIX/OBH AR could be adapted to be similar to it as it works perfectly?? Obviously it would involve contacting the author of VTi version to avoid any plagiarism issues??
    VU+ Ultimo 4K (2 * FBC DVB-S2 Twin Tuner & 1 * DVB S2 Twin Tuner & 1 * USB Turbo Tuner)

2.2M motorized antenna (45°W - 45°E) : 1.0M motorized antenna (55°W - 55°E) : 1.0M fixed antenna (28.2°E)

Title
    Thanks
    Yes ... I could have set my AV Settings to 1080p but then whats the point in me changing to the 4K VU+ box then or having a 4K TV??
    I actually meant that you set the output of your box to the highest shared resolution of the box + TV. You'll notice I mentioned 1080i and 1080p - that's because whereas my TV can handle both, one of my boxes can only do 1080i, not 1080p. So on that box I set it to that, while on the other I set it to 1080p.

So with a 4k box and 4k TV I'd set the output to 4k.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Out of curiosity Is the PLi AR a plugin or built in feature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    This can all be fixed to work by adding UHD (2160p) Interlace & Progressive to available Modes in AR ...
    Possibly true. But "available_modes" is actually something it reads from the box itself, so I need to look through the code to see why such an option needs to be added, rather than just appearing.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Out of curiosity Is the PLi AR a plugin or built in feature?
    Plugin. Rob's sent me a link to it.

Title
    Thanks
    I actually meant that you set the output of your box to the highest shared resolution of the box + TV. You'll notice I mentioned 1080i and 1080p - that's because whereas my TV can handle both, one of my boxes can only do 1080i, not 1080p. So on that box I set it to that, while on the other I set it to 1080p.

So with a 4k box and 4k TV I'd set the output to 4k.
    Yes that's what I'm doing 2160p for my 4K TV ...

However, currently AR down scales to allow my 1080p TV's to receive signals without having to change AV settings manually to 1080p ... this is fine for all signals/channels whether HD or SD but obviously NOT for the 1280*720/50p broadcasts! As I've said the VTi AR IS able to do so ... and then I don't have to do any manual changing of AV settings etc. which is of course how I'd like VIX AR to be ...

Thanks again for everyone's interest and suggestions so far in this subject ...

Title
    Thanks
    However, currently AR down scales to allow my 1080p TV's to receive signals without having to change AV settings manually to 1080p ... this is fine for all signals/channels whether HD or SD but obviously NOT for the 1280*720/50p broadcasts!
    So you have multiple TVs connected to the same box?

Title
    Thanks
    So you have multiple TVs connected to the same box?
    EXACTLY!!!

1 * 4K 2160p Max Resolution

2* HD 1080p Max Resolution

I'm sure I'm NOT the only one??

Title
    Thanks
    EXACTLY!!!
    Well, that's worth me adding a comment in the code as to why the plugin is useful.

Just out of interest, how are you connecting multiple TVs to one HDMI socket?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Nitemare (27-01-17)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast