Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Stuck on OpenVix boot screen after update - Can't flash via USB

Title
    Thanks

Stuck on OpenVix boot screen after update - Can't flash via USB

Hi all,

I had been running OpenVix version 4.1.004 for ages and tried updating yesterday from within OpenVix (menu-setup-etc...). After letting it do it's thing overnight it was still not finished. Forced a reboot as I saw no point of waiting another 10 hours as it was clearly frozen.
    After this, she is now locked on the OpenVix boot screen with nothing happening.

I tried re-flashing the box to the latest release (4.2.023) via USB but after switching the box off - inserting the USB to flash (have tried both the front one as the back) - switching it ON, all I get is the OpenVix logo and no option to select 'OK' as is normally the case.

After this failed, I also tried to use the version that I flashed it to before (version 4.1.004) but with same result.

What are the opinions here? Is she bricked or is there another way to restore the box to another version of OpenVix.

Will in the meantime try another USB stick but have used this one in the past so shouldn't be an issue.

Many thanks for any help!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Most likely its an issue with the usb stick - it may be slightly corrupted. Google for the HP format tool, format the usb stick and try again. Almost always its the usb stick at fault. There was an issue with upgrading to the latest issue via online update and that's why your box got stuck. But all it needs is a reflash so dont panic.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

TheBeast (08-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Nice one Ronand! Many thanks indeed. That worked a treat. Strange how a USB stick can work one day and simply stop working properly the next. Windows was happy with it. Weird.

Luckily I made a backup before trying the update so I'm already back up and running again!

You mentioned there was an issue with upgrading via online update; would you recommend to, in future, always use a USB or was this simply a one-off?

Thanks again.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It was a one-off. However I would recommend more forum visits as it was mentioned in advance and could have been avoided by doing a "couch flash" with the image manager. Nonetheless no harm was done!
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    4.1 to 4.2 requires a re-flash with no settings restore, so you'll have to bear that in mind when you do update to the latest image.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    anytime i think about reflashing boxes i like to check forum for image status and plugin feed status is green.you were one of the lucky ones in reviving box

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the advise people. Will definitely check on the forum first in future before updating!