Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Internal Hardrive Potentially dead?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by champs4life View Post
    This is all too much and too stressing for me.

Its technical stuff like this that makes me ill.
    Enigma boxes are for hobbyists. If that's not your cup of tea, you should stick to your providers box.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Also like I have said numerous times where the ring appears at the top I CANT do anything apart from switch the receiver off at the back. I cant put it in deep standby.
    A lot of time the receiver can be shut down/restarted using telnet rather than hitting the power switch. If you cant use telnet then ask for help with it otherwise you will never learn anything.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=birdman;433140]It isn't crashing: it's hanging. There is a difference. Enabling debug logs would probably give an indication of why this is happening.

This is the box that you are frightened to add a disk to?

Were these the same model from the same suppler as the multiple ones you had in the laptops and PCs?

[quote]No that is not right and something is seriously wrong not so much with HDDs but the box which has caused both to die.
    But they haven't become corrupted, they've disappeared (the box can't find them at all) according to your descriptions. That sounds more like a loose connector.
    So when the ring appears the box hasnt crashed as I cant do anything when that happens?

"frightened" is a very strong and harsh at the same time. I am not comfortable doing such tasks as I know I will screw everything up. I have had someone install all the HDDs for me just like with the receiver.

The two HDDs that died were same brand but different compared to the ones in my other devices.

The first one did actually die as I took it too someone and the first one was not recognisable on the computer at all. So I am sure its the same with the second HDD.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    Enigma boxes are for hobbyists. If that's not your cup of tea, you should stick to your providers box.
    So just because I am not a hobbyist who knows everything and can do everything I should just get rid of the receiver?

I take offence to that tbh.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Cable to HDD and to the box inside is fitted tight not loose.
    So you've opened up the box and checked?

At least that's one less option to consider.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    So you've opened up the box and checked?

At least that's one less option to consider.
    I did got a bit of help but there didnt seem anything loose. Removed the cables then put it back in.

When I try to initialise the HDD I get write error and time elapsed errors and then HDD just cant be seen again.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Also like I have said numerous times where the ring appears at the top I CANT do anything apart from switch the receiver off at the back. I cant put it in deep standby.
    But you could have enabled debug logs to diagnose what was causing the problem and get it fixed, rather then let it continue and give additional issues
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    But you could have enabled debug logs to diagnose what was causing the problem and get it fixed, rather then let it continue and give additional issues
    I thought it would fix itself mate. Yes I know very stupid and naive of me.

I even done a number of reflashes and still crashes.

So I just gave up in thinking if its still happening after reflashing then whatever is causing it is permanent and cant be fixed.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    So just because I am not a hobbyist who knows everything and can do everything I should just get rid of the receiver?

I take offence to that tbh.
    You don't understand me; the boxes are for hobbyists, and you certainly don't 'have to know everything'. No one knows everything.
    But you have been given some very simple advise, even multiple times, and the only thing you say is 'I can' t do that' and 'the box is faulty'. So you're far from a hobbyist, and hence would be far better of with a standard box from your provider.

Title
    Thanks
    I even done a number of reflashes and still crashes.
    So you've re-flashed, added nothing and it still hangs (it isn't crashing, from your description)?
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    You don't understand me; the boxes are for hobbyists, and you certainly don't 'have to know everything'. No one knows everything.
    But you have been given some very simple advise, even multiple times, and the only thing you say is 'I can' t do that' and 'the box is faulty'. So you're far from a hobbyist, and hence would be far better of with a standard box from your provider.
    Sorry just because you are saying I am not a hobbyist doesnt mean I am going to thrown my receiver in the bin. You can think what you want. I dont agree with it one bit.

I am not taking such advice ok.

I will keep the box as I went to enigma boxes for being able to do more which you cant on provider boxes.

I will stick to such boxes even if I struggle.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    So you've re-flashed, added nothing and it still hangs (it isn't crashing, from your description)?
    I havent reflashed today, but I reflashed numerous times in previous months when it was crashing/hanging but after a few days after reflashing it started happening again.

Never bothered to reflash again after that.

Title
    Thanks
    I havent reflashed today, but I reflashed numerous times in previous months when it was crashing/hanging but after a few days after reflashing it started happening again.
    So did you enable debug logs and post them here for help when that was happening?

Title
    Thanks
    No I didnt as I forgot how to do it and how to upload them here.

I have no excuses I should have done end of story.

I know I am to blame and its all my fault with the issues with the box and HDD.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    No I didnt as I forgot how to do it and how to upload them here.
    Even for that you could ask for assistance.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast