Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: subtitles on edission mini

Title
    Thanks

Angry subtitles on edission mini

Wish I had never bought one of these I have been through every menu to keep the NAR function and subtitles off all the time but they still come back on please any help :

Title
    Thanks
    1_0_1_1656_7E5_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

Menu - setup- auto language selection

set subtitle language to none
    set "prefer auduio language stored by service" to no.

That should be as easy as that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ford1 For This Useful Post:

micmac68 (29-12-16)

Title
    Thanks
    I tried the above but can't seem to get rid of subtitles on BBC2. Everything else seems to be OK - no subtitles. Just happened today after software update.
    OSMini 2, Image 4.2.026, Slyk-1-HD.
    Any suggestions?

Title
    Thanks
    Maybe you have separate subtitle settings set on BBC2 itself? It overrides the global settings.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks tomuser, but not aware that you can have separate ubtitle settings. Do you know how that works and how to get rid of it?

Title
    Thanks
    Select tv channel you want to have subtitle settings changed and then press subtitle button on remote and change it there. There might be also setting somewhere in global settings to allow manually selected subtitle be primary. Don't have any STB-s right now to tell where exactly it is. Same goes for audio. (But it might be also device dependent)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tomuser For This Useful Post:

JohnNW (13-01-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Tomuser for your help. I already did that and it didn't work. However I did manage to sort the problem by doing an IMDB search on BBC2. When I selected the channel from the list, the system did a reboot. From that point onward the subtitles disappeared. Strange I know because I had rebooted several times before manually without any effect on them.
    Maybe I'll never know the real reason either for the subtitles, or why they eventually went away. But others may find this helpful if they have the same problem.