Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Freezes when asked to record non-viewing channel

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Freezes when asked to record non-viewing channel

first noticed this when observed front panel clock stopped and losing recordings (timer recordings shown as done in timer list but not recorded)
    So decided to check
    would watch one channel and get epg for another channel-- set recording --ok---ok--- vix logo would spin and stay like that until recording time expired. then box would respond to remote.
    Have to assume that box is not switching to recording channel (box has one sat tuner and one terrestial tuner) so there is no spare tuner--- its ok if watching sat channel and set record to terrestial channel-- does NOT display "" no spare tuner"
    this never used to happen--- tried different versions of vix but all with same result--- also notice that there is no pip when looking at channel list--- played about with rcord/playback settings but no difference--- is this a hardware issue.
    not trying to cloud issue but used to record to hard drive with separate power supply and that was unreliable as drive would disappear and had to hard-boot box to remount--- so now record direct to usb stick (64gb)--- hard-drive was always set as "no standby"
    anything similar out there
    regards all !!!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Just adding that as box doesn't consider it crashed --no logfile---- is there a line of code which takes box to recording channel if no free tuner--- my technomate twin and my extrend do that..

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    externally powered hdd should work when mounted correctly.thinking is your usb a good brand and initialized to ext3-4.where have you set recordings to go.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok---- if I timer-record and leave box on channel-to-be-recorded--- it will record ok---- it will timeshift ok (watching same channel)--- if i watch different tuner it will timer-record ok--- it will not switch to recording channel-

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    on my single tuner box if a recording is going on i will get a message no free tuner and blank screen,if i scroll down channel list i could see other non greyed out channels on same tp and can view them,boxes have the ability to say viewing sky1 and recording starts which takes priority and leaves you on blank screen.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok --thanks for that-----that's what I would expect to happen--- but box just spins vix logo and does not switch to channel-to-record-- so my assumption is that the software cannot switch to the recording channel.
    would this be a hardware support issue?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paintanddent View Post
    would watch one channel and get epg for another channel-- set recording --ok---ok--- vix logo would spin and stay like that until recording time expired. then box would respond to remote.
    Somewhere in the recording part of the Menus* there is an option as to whether recordings take precedence (for use of a tuner).
    What do you have that set to?

EDIT:
    Setup -> System -> Recording and playback settings
    Recordings always have priority.
    Last edited by birdman; 29-12-16 at 02:11.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ok---was always set to recordings take precedence but did try it otherwise and no record or warning flash-screen

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    As an end note to this--- box has one S2 tuner and one T2 tuner--- when I watch terrestial channel and set up record on another terrestial channel--- when timer comes on---box switched to recording channel.
    If record is set up on satellite channel --box does NOT switch to recording channel..
    have raised support ticket for hardware issue
    thanks for replies.
    regards