Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: 12v box for the motorhome

Title
    Thanks

12v box for the motorhome

hi guys,

looking for advice on fitting a 12v box and dish on the motorhome.

considering an avtex snipe dish but looking for which box to use with it. wanting one i can flash and use but has to be 12v. am i right in thinking edison make 12v versions of their boxes? or are there others that i could consider?

thanks in advance

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerhallorkney View Post
    hi guys,

considering an avtex snipe dish but looking for which box to use with it. wanting one i can flash and use but has to be 12v. am i right in thinking edison make 12v versions of their boxes? or are there others that i could consider?

thanks in advance
    The vuplus solo2 and the Technomate nano2super are both 12v boxes with a nice small footprint and would be ideal for this kind of setting.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerhallorkney View Post
    hi guys,

thanks in advance
    Hi Roger In our motorhome (Auto Sleeper Broadway FB) we've got the Oyster Cytrac twin LNB dish and VU+ Zero - with Avtex TV in lounge and some other TV in bedroom. I've wired it all up to work on 12 volt permenantly and have HDMI splitter to feed both TV's from Zero with one LNB feed and the other LNB feed goes directly to the lounge Avtex - that way if footies on I can watch and wifey can watch whatever she wants = peace & harmony . Other good side is if we are watching film in lounge and want to go bed to finish film then no probs. Hope this helps but if you require any further just post and I'll help anyway I can. Best wishes

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry-G View Post
    The vuplus solo2 and the Technomate nano2super are both 12v boxes with a nice small footprint and would be ideal for this kind of setting.
    I use the Solo2 in my caravan; advantage of this box is the extreme quick start up from deep sleep (box is normally in deep, as power consumption is then <1W).

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    V.I.P
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,935 Times in 12,378 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob van der Does View Post
    I use the Solo2 in my caravan; advantage of this box is the extreme quick start up from deep sleep (box is normally in deep, as power consumption is then <1W).
    The solo2 is still my personal daily use receiver and has been since the day I got it, I would not hesitate buying another if I needed one. Also ultimo which is the main family receiver and never powered down although that's showing its age these days. The rest of my boxes just sit there gathering dust. Except the two duos that were given to my siblings to use.
    My posts contain my own personal thoughts and opinions, they do not represent those of any organisation or group but my own.

If you don't like what I post, Don't read it.

SIMPLES.