Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: lost connection

Title
    Thanks

lost connection

Hi thought sorted it but not I have lost my connection. My net/router all fine butwireles connection to my reciver has been lost again ...any ideas why please? also this cant keep happening would home hubs/plugs help?

thanks

Title
    Thanks
    If I was in your shoes i would do the following;

• Check all connections
    • Restart router
    • Restart box

What is the signal strength? I would look to change the channel the router is using ---- this has happened to me --- changed channel it was much better signal upstairs in my home.

If not working I would then goto the Network settings on my box and check the settings are correct. Has something changed from DHCP to manual IP?

Select Information from the menu then select network and see what it says there... At the bottom right hand side, you will see LINK - is it green? Does it have the IP.

Title
    Thanks
    Finally I would say that a hard wired connection is always better, but sometimes not possible or the best solution.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks flying pig checked all the above all ok I suspect its to do with the mutant not luking the wireless dongle...i try hard wire temp again and re installing drivers .... Unless another reason ... Would home hubs be better than the dongle..if so can anyone recomnend any ....

Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have brought wifi issues up in the past as have others,

But it appeared to fall on deaf ears I'm afraid.

I had 3 VU boxes which used wifi unsuccessfully

Vu Solo se v1 & Official Vu+ Wireless dongle 300 Mbps
    Vu Duo2 Built in wifi
    Vu Zero & TP-LINK TL-WN823N N300 USB Wireless Adaptor

All 3 suffered from disconnections

Some OpenVIX image builds had stable wifi connection, but current build gives constant disconnection.

I switched the Zero & solo se v1 from wifi to TP-Link powerline adapters & never had a dropped connection since.

Duo2 was close to my router so I hard wired it.
    Last edited by ^^COMPASS^^; 20-12-16 at 12:17.

Vu+UNO 4K SE [OE-Alliance-4.4 Firmware 5.4-010-Build Oscam-r11693-798][with keys]
    Vu+DUO 2 [OE-Alliance-4.4 Firmware 5.4-003-Build Oscam-r11572-798][with keys]
    Vu+SOLO 2 [OE-Alliance-4.3 Firmware 5.3-039-Build MGcamd]
    Vu+SOLO SE [OE-Alliance-4.4 Firmware 5.4-003-Build MGcamd]

Title
    Thanks
    Yes, this is annoying. My Duo2 connected wifi to Asus U66N keeps connection up about a week and dies. Restart of Duo2's wifi connection solves the issue. When being remote obviously restarting is not the solution

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    curious if one had energy saving bulbs in those rooms was there issues posted before of messing up wifi signals?