Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: EPG and Oscam autostart problem

Title
    Thanks

EPG and Oscam autostart problem

Got a Vu+ Solo 4K recently and having a couple of small problems with the EPG auto update not working and Oscam doesn't always auto start, oscam also stops working sometimes and can need several restarts to get it running again.
    Tried both versions of oscam off the feeds and similar results but oscam-latest seems the worst of the two.
    Whenever I manually update the EPG it always says something like 'last update 1-1-1970' initially at the bottom but then switches to current date after, have tried using USB and HDD as save location.
    Using Openvix 4.2.021 but also tried open black hole 0.6 and it has worse problems with oscam.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    why is this under solo2 talk rather than solo4k?

EPG - you can set this up in setting of epg to auto update overnight. can you explain how t=you are downloading epg

OSCAM - you need to install latest oscam, once done press button, go to softcams, click oscam and tick it, make sure you save green button
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    I have the EPG set to auto update at a specific time, I also have it set at the moment to always update when the box comes out of standby or whatever but none of that seems to work. When I update it manually I press 'blue' then select 'EPG updater' and select the manual update option.

Have done all that with oscam, several times.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    What is your setup? Fixed 28.2 Satellite? Oscam Latest is all you need from the plugin feeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Fixed 28.2 with standard dual LNB ( waiting for unicable LNB to arrive) + motor dish and dual DVB S2 tuner added to box.
    I did a clean flash yesterday, without using any previous settings etc., just put oscam-latest on and it was OK last night but EPG is still not auto-updating, it's not a great problem but it would be nice if it would do it automatically.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    What plugin/s are you using for EPG?
    What settings are you using?
    Which providers in the EPG plugins?

Title
    Thanks
    Just using the EPG importer that comes with Openvix.
    Have tried various combinations of settings, save to HDD and USB, currently have it set to auto-import at 18:05 and I try to check if it is working, also have it set to always import whenever box comes out of standby or whatever.
    Tried all the UK providers singly and in combinations but does not seem to make any difference.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangfolio View Post
    Just using the EPG importer that comes with Openvix.
    Have tried various combinations of settings, save to HDD and USB, currently have it set to auto-import at 18:05 and I try to check if it is working, also have it set to always import whenever box comes out of standby or whatever.
    Tried all the UK providers singly and in combinations but does not seem to make any difference.
    All you need to use for a fixed 28.2 is CrossEPG to run every morning say 4:00am, EPG data saved to your HDD and choose OpenTV Sky UK as your EPG source. Simple as.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestion but I'm afraid I dislike crossepg, hadn't tried it in quite a while so just had a go with it and it hasn't changed.
    We have one of the eco-plug things that turns everything off when it detects very low current flow for a while, so no over night update and if we try using crossepg when the box it in use it takes the box over completely for 20 or 30 mins sometimes and I particularly don't like the 'opentv sky' option as it won't use any of the 8 sources we now have on the fixed 28.2 dish and moves the motorised dish to 28.2, which is quite annoying if you happen to be watching something on a different satellite.
    So we will just have to carry on with the manual import.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    CrossEPG takes a long time online facilities. You said you wanted 28.2 only. For almost all receivers, the OpenTV EPG import for 28.2 only takes a minute or two. ABM and CrossEPG need a real tuner, not a virtual one. This is why it moves the dish.
    It is an urban myth that you should run CrossEPG downloader at 4 AM. If it is taking longer than this, then you have not set it up properly. Please post back if you need help setting up CrossEPG for 28.2 OpenTV EPG only usage.

Back to your issue, Doglover normally suggests that you reboot the receiver and see if this solves the problem. Which providers are you using? You should only use one for 28.2.
    Maybe your debug log can show what the problem is?

Title
    Thanks
    Been doing some experimenting and if I set the 'I' tuner, that the motor dish is on, to 'not configured' then crossepg uses the fixed dish for the opentv epg source but it goes back to using the motor dish when it is configured, it could do with a 'preferred tuner' option.
    Looked in the logs manager and there are no logs at all.
    So still think we will carry on with the 'EPG importer'