Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solo 4k crashing and stuck at boot?

Title
    Thanks

Solo 4k crashing and stuck at boot?

Had the box for a few months, been working perfect, up until this time last week, the box crashed and jammed on the crash screen, had to manually reboot the box using the power switch at the back, the box got stuck at the VU+ logo and wouldn't boot any further, no network access or anything only way to get it back on was to reflash the latest openvix image.

It has happened again twice this week, and actually happened 4 times today, I can't seem to pinpoint the problem, of course with having to reflash the box each time it does not save the error logs

It seems to vary between either oscam failing or python twisted failing, it has only started happening this week, can anyone else advise what to do? I thought it was maybe the skin i was using v1.7 SkyQ skin by Chababu but even just using the default skin it's doing it as well. Starting to get annoyed that im having so much bother in the space of a week with a £350 box yet my Technomate Nano 3T hasn't crashed in over 6 months

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,897 Times in 2,250 Posts
    Save the logs on hdd or usb not flash then post the Logs, logs........logs
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Even when receiver does not start, you can start it in console mode and have it save debug logs.

You will find it here
    http://www.world-of-satellite.com/sh...Linux-commands

Code:
    init 4 && enigma2 &> /media/hdd/logs/Enigma2_debug_$(date +%Y-%m-%d_%H-%M-%S).log

Title
    Thanks
    Doesn't seem to have any network activity when it's stuck at boot so it won't let me connect via console.

Also when i re-flash the image from USB it seems to wipe the hard drive each time as well? which is new coz it's never done that before with either my Nano 3T or my Solo2, unless I unplug the hdd before i re-flash

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neo1607 View Post
    Doesn't seem to have any network activity when it's stuck at boot so it won't let me connect via console.

Also when i re-flash the image from USB it seems to wipe the hard drive each time as well? which is new coz it's never done that before with either my Nano 3T or my Solo2, unless I unplug the hdd before i re-flash
    This is not possible. Nothing gets wiped on HDD/USB during an image install.

Your devices are mounting differently.

Title
    Thanks
    Nah i've checked, I don't get it either, but there was recordings saved on the hdd, also I had picons and channel preview picons both on the hdd, reflashed the box and the hdd is blank

Title
    Thanks
    When you talk about HDD, are you referring to a mount or device? The receiver looks at mounts.

How many storage devices ( USB flash drive, external HDD etc) have you got attached to the receiver.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    When you talk about HDD, are you referring to a mount or device? The receiver looks at mounts.

How many storage devices ( USB flash drive, external HDD etc) have you got attached to the receiver.
    Only one storage device the hard drive that's mounted via the hotswap bay in the back.

Title
    Thanks
    Only one storage device the hard drive that's mounted via the hotswap bay in the back.
    You are mixing things up. It is connected using the hotswap bay at the back.

I suggest you flash the receiver again and do not install any skins/plugins that alter system files. If you think the flashing process wipes your HDD, shut down the receiver, remove the HDD and then flash it.
    After flashing is completed, shut down the receiver, remove USB and connect the HDD.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Nah i've checked, I don't get it either, but there was recordings saved on the hdd, also I had picons and channel preview picons both on the hdd, reflashed the box and the hdd is blank
    Did you remove the USB flash stick? If you left it in it may have been detected first and confused the hdd mounting.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Thanks
    Ok refreshed it, enabled log manager, only thing I've done is set ABM and downloaded oscam-latest, apart from that everything else is stock, let's see how long it lasts

Title
    Thanks
    How is Enigma 2 with IPTV bouquets? It seemed to crash more after installing that, I'm wondering if it can't handle them too well

Title
    Thanks
    How is Enigma 2 with IPTV bouquets? It seemed to crash more after installing that, I'm wondering if it can't handle them too well
    Installing iptv bouquets are a plugin?
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports

Title
    Thanks
    Ok lasted less than 15mins that time before crashing again, tried to telnet into the box, it refused connections, i switched off the box, removed hdd, rebooted, reflashed, put hdd back in and went to check logs, it didn't save any. However i did take a pic of the error before i switched it off.

IMG_0028.jpg

Title
    Thanks
    Ok lasted less than 15mins that time before crashing again, tried to telnet into the box, it refused connections, i switched off the box, removed hdd, rebooted, reflashed, put hdd back in and went to check logs, it didn't save any. However i did take a pic of the error before i switched it off.

IMG_0028.jpg
    because you have the logs in flash ... please go to setup and change to hdd, before installing oscam.
    In fact see if it will run for an hour without softcam but run abm and then assuming it stays up install oscam and required files.
    Last edited by twol; 11-12-16 at 20:06.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast