Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can vu+solo 4k be used with existing single cable and LNB with motor

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I stated that you cannot use a Unicable LNB in a motorised setup. You said it can. If it can, it will be beneficial of you to show how this is achieved.
    What I said, is that I did use it in the past, that I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be possible any more and that I can't test it atm as I have no Unicable LNB in my motor.
    Anyway: the settings allow you to do it, as can be seen in these screenies:

Unicable 01.jpg Unicable 02.jpg

But be aware: this is a dummy setup; someone who has an Unicable LNB should try if the loopthrough will actually work.
    And I really don't understand the confusion: the setup is basically the same as any Unicable setup for a fixed dish, but I thought that came from the FBCspecific setup.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    In my opinion, you are wasting your money buying a receiver with an FBC tuner if you are going to connect one cable from a motorised dish.
    Well, I dare to differ from your opinion. Not using the full potential of all the hardware isn't directly 'wasting money'. How much of the potential of your PC/laptop do you actually use? Speaking for myself, it can only be a few percent. And I haven't wasted penny.
    And especially FBC tuners with two inputs are almost begging for a motor: one (preferable multisat) JESS feed for most of the (virtual) tuners and a motor for one or 2.
    But even just one motor to one feed gives you already a nice box, presuming you mostly use one satellite position (e.g. 28.2E for normal use using a Unicable LNB and the option to watch other satellites on occasion).

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    The guy said he does not want to run another cable or drill holes for his motorised setup.

I stand corrected. You can set a unicable LNB on a motor (irrespective of DVB-S tuner type).

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,957 Times in 3,276 Posts
    Unicable LNB can be set up on a motor via "Advanced".

Unicable LNBs are designed for communal systems on fixed dishes, and motors are for individual systems, so there is absolutely no advantage to be gained by strapping a Unicable LNB to a motorised dish.

Using a Unicable LNB on a motor, and feeding an FBC tuner will give you no benefit greater than using a Universal LNB on a conventional tuner. In my opinion it is a nonsense setup.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

ALIEN1X (12-12-16)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Of course it does: the looped through tuner being able to only tune to a transponder in the same quadrant or in all quadrants makes quite a difference, irrespective of FBC or conventional tuner. And as I said: of course especially when normal viewing habits are limited to one satellite position.
    And I would hardly call a fixed dish setup 'communal systems', especially when the setup is for one or two boxes (with multiple tuners) in one household.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi Huevos,
    even with motor it makes sense if you are a recording fan or you can use FCC. If you live in the UK you mainly will watch 28.2 and with FBC and one cable you are able to record up to 8 different transponder from one quadrant instead of only 1 with a normal LNB. In Germany 19.2 is the main sat. Of course with a motor it will not work to record on 28.2E, 19.2E and 4W at the same time.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Yeah, that's what I'm trying to say all along. And that's why I used it (years ago), albeit with multiple conventional tuners.
    And after all: a motorised dish is also a fixed dish a long as you watch only one position....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123