Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Webif - browser plugin

Title
    Thanks

Question Open Webif - browser plugin

Hi,

I'm new to all this so not sure I'm posting in the correct section. I've tried to search the forums and google it but can't see to find the answer.

I've got a Vu+ Duo box running openVix, I can connect to the box fine using OpenWebif and the WebTV looks like a cool feature, however when I try and open that tab I get a message (using Firefox), that a plugin is needed to show the content, so my question is what and where can I download this plugin?

Thanks in advance

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trapdoor berk For This Useful Post:

satbruzz (11-08-17)

Title
    Thanks
    Ok got a little further, seems to want to use the VLC plugin, which I've got the cone logo now within the window but still no picture, I don't get anything when switching to HTML either..

Anyone had the WebTV working?

Title
    Thanks
    I've now got the VLC plugin to work if I select a channel via the Bouquets, so it is working I suppose. Not sure if that WebTV feature is fully functional?

So my next question is, if this box can stream content what would be the best way to get it onto the other TV's in the house? I've got a few Samsung UE22H5600 smart TV's but they can't use VLC and I've tried the web interface which won't play the content either.

Has anyone got this setup using raspberry PI's maybe? or a mini PC?

Title
    Thanks
    Noticed this new feature on the later software - no idea how to get it to work.

Already have VLC installed on my MAC = webtv still doesn't want to work.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imish For This Useful Post:

satbruzz (11-08-17),trapdoor berk (20-11-16)

Title
    Thanks
    ok thanks, good to know its just not me.. still interested if anyone has used this streaming feature to play content on other TV's in the house, suppose a mini PC would work in theory, but just want something cheap as possible so if a raspberry PI would work that would be even better.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to trapdoor berk For This Useful Post:

satbruzz (11-08-17)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ... fire tv or fire tv sticks will work ok.
    Last edited by ccs; 20-11-16 at 23:43.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

trapdoor berk (22-11-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trapdoor berk View Post
    ok thanks, good to know its just not me.. still interested if anyone has used this streaming feature to play content on other TV's in the house, suppose a mini PC would work in theory, but just want something cheap as possible so if a raspberry PI would work that would be even better.
    I do exactly this with a Plex setup. Works OK - albeit the dreambox plugin isn't supported anymore and desperately needs a refresh / overhaul.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to imish For This Useful Post:

trapdoor berk (22-11-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by imish View Post
    I do exactly this with a Plex setup. Works OK - albeit the dreambox plugin isn't supported anymore and desperately needs a refresh / overhaul.
    The Samsung TV's do actually have a Plex app so could I use that maybe? any setup guides on how to setup Plex to use the OpenWebif browser?

Title
    Thanks
    Do a search for dreamplex on google and you'll find the thread on the Plex forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to imish For This Useful Post:

trapdoor berk (23-11-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by imish View Post
    Do a search for dreamplex on google and you'll find the thread on the Plex forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'm learning as I go. I've not setup a Plex server and got the TV talking to it via the plex client app it has. Now the next hurdle is to get the VU+ box talking to the Plex server. Just trying to work out the dreamplex bit, I've installed bundles so I understand that bit.

I'll keep looking.. cheers
    Last edited by trapdoor berk; 23-11-16 at 09:21.

Title
    Thanks
    If anyone had this working, do I need to install the dreamplex plugin on the VU+ box as well as the Plex server?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trapdoor berk View Post
    I've now got the VLC plugin to work if I select a channel via the Bouquets, so it is working I suppose. Not sure if that WebTV feature is fully functional?

So my next question is, if this box can stream content what would be the best way to get it onto the other TV's in the house? I've got a few Samsung UE22H5600 smart TV's but they can't use VLC and I've tried the web interface which won't play the content either.

Has anyone got this setup using raspberry PI's maybe? or a mini PC?
    I use Raspberry Pis with Kodi installed. Just install the VU+ PVR plugin in Kodi and away you go! Works beautifully.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The webtv in openwebif works fine on my solo2 with mozilla firefox. Make sure the mozilla plugin is ticked when installing VLC. There doesn't seem to be a version for chrome.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

Title
    Thanks
    WebTV uses VLC plugin on Firefox, Safari and IE.
    On Chrome/Chromium/SRWare Iron it will use VXG if also the package enigma2-plugin-extension-openwebif-vxg is installed (It's 1.4MB in size and thus not installed on all boxes by default).
    There is no working plugin for Opera/Vivaldi.

Note that only the Windows version of vlc properly installs the web browser plugins of if (If you do not unselect it during installation of vlc).
    On Linsuxx and crapOS it's a separate download/installation.

Gesendet von meinem Siemens C25 mit Tapatalk
    Receiver/TV:
    • Vu+ Duo² 4*S2+2*C / 1.8TB HDD / OpenATV 6.1@Samsung 50" Plasma
    • AX Quadbox 2400 / 2*S2/2*C / 930GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1@Samsung 32" LCD
    • Vu+ Solo² / 465GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1
    • Vu+ Solo² / 230GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    Pay TV: Redlight Mega, Brazzers TV Europe, XXL, HD-, Sky
    Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 / Cisco EPC3212 + Linksys WRT1900ACS + Fritz!Box 7390 / IPv4 (UM) + IPv6 (HE)

Title
    Thanks
    Please also note that ViX hasn't chosen any openwebif sub-packages, so with the next update the Themes and WebTV support will disappear, until you manually install enigma2-blah-openwebif-theme , enigma2-blah-openwebif-webtv and/or enigma2-blah-openwebif-vxg sub-packages.

In OWIF 1.1 the components listed above were made fully optional to satisfy the needs of small flash boxes ... to which neither Duo2 nor Solo2 belong.

Gesendet von meinem Siemens C25 mit Tapatalk
    Receiver/TV:
    • Vu+ Duo² 4*S2+2*C / 1.8TB HDD / OpenATV 6.1@Samsung 50" Plasma
    • AX Quadbox 2400 / 2*S2/2*C / 930GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1@Samsung 32" LCD
    • Vu+ Solo² / 465GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1
    • Vu+ Solo² / 230GB HDD / OpenATV 6.1
    • DVBSky S2-Twin-Tuner PCIe@Samsung SyncMaster T240HD (PC)
    Pay TV: Redlight Mega, Brazzers TV Europe, XXL, HD-, Sky
    Internet: Unitymedia 1play 100 / Cisco EPC3212 + Linksys WRT1900ACS + Fritz!Box 7390 / IPv4 (UM) + IPv6 (HE)

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SpaceRat For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (05-12-16)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast