Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Refresh Rate

yura21

Refresh Rate

Hi,
    I have problem with Refresh Rate on my Solo2 (OpenViX 4.2.012). When I try to play some video files (example .mkv), my TV says like "Video mode not supported". This problem only when "Refresh Rate" - multi, when I choice 50 or 60 Hz all works without message. I have this problem only on my old Sony TV, on new Samsung works fine. I think my old TV KDL-40X2000 not support 24Hz, but on OpenSPA 6.0.008, OpenATV 5.3, OpenPLi 4.0/5.0 and Original Factory Images I don't have any problem with Refresh Rate, maybe you can fix this? On OpenBH the same problem... Maybe need edit "VideoMode" like on OpenATV? https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/b...s/VideoMode.py

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    activate auto resolution and configure it this way that all 24Hz formats are played as 60Hz.

ciao
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I find remuxing my mkv files to m2ts solves the issue. I prefer multi refresh rate as 50Hz or 60Hz judders whereas Multi is smooth. I use tsMuxeR to remux. Doesn't take long to remux either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trial View Post
    Hi,
    activate auto resolution and configure it this way that all 24Hz formats are played as 60Hz.

ciao
    @Trial - I would suggest that 24p material would be better shown at 50Hz rather than 60Hz as there is less pulldown processing required and thus less chance of visible judder. If the OP's TV can't support 24p natively, then it is unlikely to have a high internal scan rate capable of smoothing out the 24p conversion. 24p can be displayed directly at 50Hz resulting in a slight speed increase (shorter runtime) and this is generally not noticeable. No judder artefacts either.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    what you refer to if pal speedup but this is not the case here. The box tries to squeeze 24Hz in 50Hz which is an unusual factor whereas 60Hz is 2.5. But this is only my theory as I am always watching in 24Hz.

ciao
    ---
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    24p to 60Hz will require additional frames to be inserted and will result in judder. 24p to 50Hz can be done with a slight speed increase but no judder. Newer Tvs have higher internal scanning rates (like 120Hz), so 24p conversion is less likely to have judder artefacts. The Op's TV doesn't support 24Hz at all, so is less likely to have high internal scanning rate and thus will likely exhibit judder at 60Hz. The ideal is to have a TV like yours which does support 24 and presumably 50 and 60Hz. Film rate conversion was always an issue with 30/60Hz (ie NTSC) Tvs. Required top quality conversion, whereas in the PAL domain they mostly just sped up the movie!
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

yura21
    Thank you, auto resolution helps, but video resolution 480/576 24 fps not working as 1080p.

Example on OpenBH

But 480/576 24 fps works like 480p and GUI too.

UPD Install autoresolution from feeds and works fine. Thank you!
    Last edited by yura21; 08-11-16 at 19:57.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi.
    only a few TV sets play 480p or 720p with 24Hz. None of my Samsung do/did.

@fat-tony,
    you still mix it up with pal speedup from DVD. A DVD film was only flagged as 25Hz but it still only contained the 24Hz material and therefore the 4% pal speedup. STBs are working differently there is no such thing as pal speedup.

ciao
    ---

Title
    Thanks
    Point taken @Trial - assuming the STB does all the processing of the source material.
    Last edited by Joe_90; 09-11-16 at 14:10.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,461 Times in 6,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yura21 View Post
    .... but on OpenSPA 6.0.008, OpenATV 5.3, OpenPLi 4.0/5.0 and Original Factory Images I don't have any problem with Refresh Rate...
    Be aware that all VU's have a driver bug in this area, preventing them on most images to actually play 50/60/24 Hz as they should. In ViX we have a work-around, so that the output refresh rate matches that of the video contents. And indeed: when the TV gets a signal it doesn't like, it will show the error message.
    AutoResolution is really the only way to go if you're using an old TV.

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.
    NO CARD SHARING TALK WILL BE TOLERATED, LAN OR WAN, IN OPEN FORUM OR PM !

English is not my native tongue.
    I apologise for all my grammar, spelling and idiom errors.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob van der Does For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    My workaround is remuxing my files to m2ts and works fine with multi refresh rate on.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    But a 24FpS file will never be nicely converted to 50 or 60FpS. It should simply be displayed as 24FpS.

Title
    Thanks
    I'm not converting, just remuxing. mkv container seems to be the culprit, soon asI remux to m2ts container all is fine. Dunno why but works for me.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    And then the Solo 4k does 24FpS?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,
    why should the Solo4K not doing 24Hz? If the TV does not support 24Hz there are 2 solutions without to much work:
    1. autoresolution but perhaps some stutters due to different framerates.
    2. converting to another format like mkv and patching the frequency to 25 now you get the already mentioned pal-speedup (4% faster so film is 4% shorter) but no stutters.

ciao
    ---