I have a Vu+Solo2 bought through WOS in 2013. It's run without issue so I've been lazy and didn't upgrade the image. It's running Version 3 Build 808. The last update was 21/12/13 and he last backup was 18/1/14.

Whilst I was out on Friday 28/10/16 the internet went down. This could just be coincidence. Router (BT Hub 5 / Fibre) was re-booted and it all settled down ok.

On Monday 31/10 I tried to FTP to the box using Filezilla. I've never had a problem but this time got ECONNREFUSED. I initially thought it was laptop/Filezilla issue and after some searching rolled back to an older version of Filezilla. This made no difference.

I did some more research on here and through google for pointers. I checked and there was a enigma2_crash_1477627235.log recorded on Fri 28/10 at 05:00:35 - which is the same time autobouquets updates.

I checked network (adapter) settings which have YES to both 'Use Interface' and 'Use DHCP'. Under that the primary DNS is the same as the router DNS (I'm assuming this is not right) and Secondary DNS is 0.0.0.0
Below that current settings (IP address, Netmask and gateway) are all N/A.
I ran a network test and LAN adaptor, Local and DHCP are all ticked/ Green. Ip Address and Name server are crossed red and 'unconfirmed'.

I've checked cabling and all is good. I go through a network switch (ethernet) so direct wired to the router (after closing and resetting both box and router) but this made no difference.

I've looked on here for similar problems and have seen there have been some similar issues.
Potential fixes to try are to disable CrossEPG and download the EPG manually or to uncheck DHCP and manually assign and IP address.

Before I look at trying anything like that I just wanted to ask here to see if it makes more sense to update (flash) to the most recent Vix image?
If I do, will/ should this fix my problem?

Also, assuming updating is the way forward - as I can't backup this image (and I don;t hink it would help) what details do I need to record? I have a motorised dish (again bought from WOS) so assume tuner config is one - but anything else as I understand new image will mean fresh install.

Thanks in advance.