Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't FTP to my Solo2. Old VIX version, so do I need to re flash?

Title
    Thanks

Can't FTP to my Solo2. Old VIX version, so do I need to re flash?

I have a Vu+Solo2 bought through WOS in 2013. It's run without issue so I've been lazy and didn't upgrade the image. It's running Version 3 Build 808. The last update was 21/12/13 and he last backup was 18/1/14.

Whilst I was out on Friday 28/10/16 the internet went down. This could just be coincidence. Router (BT Hub 5 / Fibre) was re-booted and it all settled down ok.

On Monday 31/10 I tried to FTP to the box using Filezilla. I've never had a problem but this time got ECONNREFUSED. I initially thought it was laptop/Filezilla issue and after some searching rolled back to an older version of Filezilla. This made no difference.

I did some more research on here and through google for pointers. I checked and there was a enigma2_crash_1477627235.log recorded on Fri 28/10 at 05:00:35 - which is the same time autobouquets updates.

I checked network (adapter) settings which have YES to both 'Use Interface' and 'Use DHCP'. Under that the primary DNS is the same as the router DNS (I'm assuming this is not right) and Secondary DNS is 0.0.0.0
    Below that current settings (IP address, Netmask and gateway) are all N/A.
    I ran a network test and LAN adaptor, Local and DHCP are all ticked/ Green. Ip Address and Name server are crossed red and 'unconfirmed'.

I've checked cabling and all is good. I go through a network switch (ethernet) so direct wired to the router (after closing and resetting both box and router) but this made no difference.

I've looked on here for similar problems and have seen there have been some similar issues.
    Potential fixes to try are to disable CrossEPG and download the EPG manually or to uncheck DHCP and manually assign and IP address.

Before I look at trying anything like that I just wanted to ask here to see if it makes more sense to update (flash) to the most recent Vix image?
    If I do, will/ should this fix my problem?

Also, assuming updating is the way forward - as I can't backup this image (and I don;t hink it would help) what details do I need to record? I have a motorised dish (again bought from WOS) so assume tuner config is one - but anything else as I understand new image will mean fresh install.

Thanks in advance.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Have you rebooted the solo2?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner123 View Post
    Have you rebooted the solo2?
    Yes mate. Closed it down through the menu and rebooted. Same with the router (BT Hub 5 / Fibre).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I don't really have any idea what could be wrong but try running network wizard under settings/network/device setup

5. The Following User Says Thank You to spanner123 For This Useful Post:

throttlemonkey (03-11-16)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner123 View Post
    I don't really have any idea what could be wrong but try running network wizard under settings/network/device setup
    Thanks for trying , but I've done that and as mentioned ^^ ... "I ran a network test and LAN adaptor, Local and DHCP are all ticked/ Green. Ip Address and Name server are crossed red and 'unconfirmed'. "

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Check ftp is running

Menu> setup> system> network> FTP setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Octagon SF4008 (1tb hdd - Openvix 5.1) Edision Combo (8gb USB - Openvix 5.1)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to khan888 For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by khan888 View Post
    Check ftp is running
    Menu> setup> system> network> FTP setup
    Thanks.

Yes, FTP status is 'running'. It says Ftpd service type: Vsftpd server.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    Set the IP manually and see what happens. DHCP should issue you with an IP/sub net, occasionally things don't work. Could be a great excuse to flash up to a recent and supported image?
    Thanks for the advice. Tried it but no joy. Filezilla couldnt connect to server.

I think flashing upto latest image might be the way forward. Would I be right in assuming this should be a fresh start with no issues as long as I set up correctly? (as I did originally back in 2013).

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Yeah thats right. ViX 4.2.011 for the Vu+ Solo2 can be found here >> http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php/d...ges/vu-solo-2/

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Re flashing went ok and latest image is installed, but when going through set up it gets to Network Wizard - I press OK to 'Use Interface' and 'Use DHCP' but get the error ... "Your internet is not working!"
    I then have to leave the wizard.
    I'm using an ethernet cable that I've used this evening with a Fire TV Box, so no the cable and internet are fine.

FTP is running and autostart is enabled.

I've tried restarting network. That makes no difference.

Adaptor settings has everything set at 0.0.0.0 and N/A. There is no IP address etc.

Nameserver settings ... Nameserver 1 0.0.0.0

Am I missing something obvious?

Anyone able to offer advice as I'm not sure how to move forward. Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Scratch that. It's righted itself and I now have wired connection.

Title
    Thanks
    Despite having an ip address and internet connection to the Solo2 I still can't ftp to the box using Filezilla or FlashFXP5.

I can connect via Open Webif on my laptop by typing the Vu+ Ip addy into the url bar. I can also ping the Vu+ Ip address from command prompt (it usually drops one packet though).

With Filezilla it says it has connected but then either times out as it has failed to retrieve directory listing or it times out after 20 secs as it could not connect to server.

Can't help thinking it's so close - but something is just stopping the connection for ftp.

Can anyone help please?
    Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,307 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by throttlemonkey View Post
    Despite having an ip address and internet connection to the Solo2 I still can't ftp to the box using Filezilla or FlashFXP5.
    What about using your browser?

Code:
    ftp://x.x.x.x/
    in the URL bar, where x.x.x.x is the IP address.

You should get prompted for an id (root) and password (none - or, possibly, anything).

I assume you are setting these correctly in Filezilla, and FlashFXP5.
    Last edited by birdman; 04-11-16 at 02:22.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

17. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

throttlemonkey (07-11-16)

Title
    Thanks
    I can finally go to bed!
    Switched everything off again (Vu+, Router, laptop) then powered them all back up ... et voila. All done. Filezilla playing and all good. So box is running on latest supported Vix image and ftp is fine.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Birdman. I was up at 3.20am this morning for work so it's been a long day and I've been making stupid mistakes ... but got there in the end!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast