Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Duo2 issue with it 'recording' for no reason when using certain mobile apps

Title
    Thanks

Duo2 issue with it 'recording' for no reason when using certain mobile apps

I have had my duo2 from WoS for a week now and it seems to be working fine, except for one problem. Using certain apps to watch tv on mobile or tablet causes the box to start "recording". There are no timers set and pressing the record button does not give me options to stop recording, because it isnt actually recording anyway!! The folder where things are stored when recording is always empty. The box does THINK it is recording and does hold one of the 2 tuners 'in use' the entire time.

The tuner is a hybrid twin DVB-C/T/T2 being used on VM.

As soon as I start watching any channel, the box indicates REC. Once it has done this, it stays on forever, even after the app is completely closed. The ONLY ways to stop it once this happens are either a restart of the box, or to start recording something and then stop again.

The strangest thing is this only happens on certain apps

• Marusys 'official' app on android - no issue
    • Marusys 'official' app on ipad - recording issue
    • dream player by Christian Fees on android - recording issue
    • dreamdroid on android - no issue

I have no idea what is going on.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Streaming is treated the same as recording.

There were a few posts about streams not giving up the tuner on the openwebif github repository. Not sure if they are related.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Streaming is treated the same as recording.

There were a few posts about streams not giving up the tuner on the openwebif github repository. Not sure if they are related.
    Ok streaming might be treated the same as recording, but with the 2 apps that work, the device NEVER indicates 'recording'. it shows that the second tuner is in use but doesnt say it is recording, which would seem to be correct. the other 2 apps say recording straight away as soon as the stream starts, so i dont believe it an issue of simply not giving up the tuner (that may be an additional issue though) because it should never say recording in the first place (it doesnt on the 2 that work).

it's driving me mad because the app i want to use is dreamplayer on android, which is by far the best i have tried, but that is the one on android that causes the issue.

what baffles me is why the forums arent filled with people saying the same thing, i tried googling for it a fair bit and only managed to find 2 posts in total on forums and both just stopped using the webif. I have a new box which is a clean install of the latest openvix, there shouldnt be anything different about mine, unless it is related to the tuner itself not behaving correctly (which might be the case, i doubt many have this tuner and it might also be fairly new).
    Last edited by ewokuk; 22-10-16 at 18:28.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok have narrowed it down further. it has something to do with transcoding. if I point anything at the transcoding port (whic i have set to 8888), it causes this lockup on the second tuner and 'recording' to get stuck on. i dont klnow if this must be an issue with the tuner or with something else, but transcoding anything is doing this every time!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    There is an issue with transcoding. see here for part of issue

https://github.com/oe-alliance/e2ope...mment-19477409

Title
    Thanks
    ahh ok thanks, sounds like it is known about and being worked on at least (although the 2 guys in that thread just seemed to be arguing about it).
    Last edited by ewokuk; 23-10-16 at 12:43.