Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: tuner lock help

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

tuner lock help

I've recently bought a os mini single sat tuner for a spare room. in another room I have two feeds going into living room & two upstairs (4 feeds from LNB). in the upstairs room with the 2 feeds. i have taken one cable and taken over to the spare room, I had to buy a RG6 Satellite cable extension to reach (came already fitted with the F connecter and joining barrel).

the issue I get on the os mini is tuner lock, aslo on the other box upstairs (vu zero) if the os mini is switched on, the channels break up (plays for second and goes to black screen with no picture). if I switch the os mini off the other box (vu zero) works fine. but no picture on the OS mini.

I know it not a single issues. am missing something. do I need to swop the cables around? I hope not, as I 've pinned the cable to wall.
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 Times in 2,248 Posts
    1. what happens if you connect to the Vu out?
    Last edited by twol; 21-10-16 at 17:48.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    1. what happens if you go from the Vu out direct to the Edision? Bypassing the extender?
    same issue tuner failed.
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john doe View Post
    same issue tuner failed.
    I've just noticed that the os mini tuner A is showing in red

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    also the zero is now working all channel, even if the os mini is on, but still no picture on the os

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    anyone!! any suggestions

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Draw a diagram. Include any splitters/combiners

the issue I get on the os mini is tuner lock, aslo on the other box upstairs (vu zero) if the os mini is switched on, the channels break up (plays for second and goes to black screen with no picture). if I switch the os mini off the other box (vu zero) works fine. but no picture on the OS mini.
    How are you expecting a picture if the receiver is powered off?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    the receiver is powered on but no picture.

can you elaborate in regards to draw diagram

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Please ignore my post.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    would I need a splitter? and if so what splitter.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    SORTED IT I had to change the feeds around from the zero to the os mini and vise vera.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,122 Times in 884 Posts
    You can't simply split a cable feed from an LNB and share it between two receivers. If you have both powered on they will conflict for control of the LNB depending on what channel you tune to. There are different voltages and signalling tomes sent up the cable to the LNB depending on whether you are tuned to a Vertically or Horizontally polarised transponder.

You need either more cable runs from the LNB (an octo rather than a quad) or you need to invest in a quattro LNB and a multiswitch.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fat-tony View Post
    You can't simply split a cable feed from an LNB and share it between two receivers. If you have both powered on they will conflict for control of the LNB depending on what channel you tune to. There are different voltages and signalling tomes sent up the cable to the LNB depending on whether you are tuned to a Vertically or Horizontally polarised transponder.

You need either more cable runs from the LNB (an octo rather than a quad) or you need to invest in a quattro LNB and a multiswitch.

thanks. it works fine and can watch different channels at same time and two different receivers with no issues. it was basically down to swopping the feeds around