Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Box does not boot

Title
    Thanks

Box does not boot

Hey guys

My VU+ Solo with BH 2.1 is giving me a range of problems.

It all started when my box just showed a red light on the front.
    I tried a clean USB flash but it wouldn't take any of my 3 memory sticks. (not sure if the usb sticks were compatible, however one of the usb sticks was lighting up)

Then I tried my mobile phone as a hdd via usb, when I turned the box on, it booted up perfectly with a green light!

However after a day of use, it went back to the red light, no boot problem.

I managed to get my box to boot again by plugging in my mobile phone. This time I tried to do the online software manager update.
    It was successful and prompted me to reboot.
    After reboot, there was a green light on the front display that was responsive to the remote however no picture.

I've tried everything above but I just can't get any video signal.

Would appreciate some help and advice

Kind regards

ES

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EatingSnakes View Post
    Hey guys

My VU+ Solo with BH 2.1 is giving me a range of problems.

It all started when my box just showed a red light on the front.
    I tried a clean USB flash but it wouldn't take any of my 3 memory sticks. (not sure if the usb sticks were compatible, however one of the usb sticks was lighting up)

Then I tried my mobile phone as a hdd via usb, when I turned the box on, it booted up perfectly with a green light!

However after a day of use, it went back to the red light, no boot problem.

I managed to get my box to boot again by plugging in my mobile phone. This time I tried to do the online software manager update.
    It was successful and prompted me to reboot.
    After reboot, there was a green light on the front display that was responsive to the remote however no picture.

I've tried everything above but I just can't get any video signal.

Would appreciate some help and advice

Kind regards

ES
    you know this is vix forum!!!
    PLEASE DO NOT PM IN REGARDS TO CS TALK OR OTHER ILEGAL MATTERS. IT WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ADMINS

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,887 Times in 2,242 Posts
    You need to work out how to flash your receiver with either your apparent favourite or perhaps ViX.
    Make sure the usb stick is correctly formatted (fat) and contains the correct folder structure
    Then we may be able to help you
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Cheers for the replys
    Yes i've tried reformatting all of my memory sticks to FAT32 and FATex and have the folder structure all correct.

and yes I'm just as happy on Vix as I am on BH. I've just recently put BH because I wanted to try a different image and just ended up leaving it.
    I'm not too fussed with either.

The problem is, I'm not having any success with flashing anything at the moment :S

Title
    Thanks
    Sometimes it takes time to find the correct stick with some receiver makes ... I never have an issue, but Vu seems sensitive to any thing that is not Vu
    So you need to a solution to flashing the rceiver.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Title
    Thanks
    Yeah
    Its like I said, one of the USB's even light up, and I'm sure I've used a couple of them for this purpose, but I'm not getting any response at the moment.
    Tried flashing vix/bh/bootloader
    no response.
    What are my options?

Title
    Thanks
    Alright guys

So I somehow managed to get the box to accept one of the usb sticks, not sure if it was fluke but whatever.
    I flashed vix, tried to upload a channel list but kept getting "Error sending file "lamedb" to the Dreambox" in DBE. (Yes I have the correct E2 v4 settings within dbedit)
    I left it for half a day and the box reverted to the red light. I could only get it to boot with a green light when I plug my mobile phone in via usb.

I flashed BH, same problem with channel list, and now reverted back to red light again.

:S

Anybody have any ideas?

Cheers

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EatingSnakes View Post
    Alright guys

So I somehow managed to get the box to accept one of the usb sticks, not sure if it was fluke but whatever.
    I flashed vix, tried to upload a channel list but kept getting "Error sending file "lamedb" to the Dreambox" in DBE. (Yes I have the correct E2 v4 settings within dbedit)
    I left it for half a day and the box reverted to the red light. I could only get it to boot with a green light when I plug my mobile phone in via usb.

I flashed BH, same problem with channel list, and now reverted back to red light again.

:S

Anybody have any ideas?

Cheers
    So why don,t you flash vix again, and then use abm to create bouquets rather than use dbe which doesn,t work.
    Then see what happens.... if you use the vix functionality you might get further
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply

Yeah, thats fine, I dont have a problem with vix. The issue that I'm having is that it keeps reverting back to a red light regardless of image/bouquets.
    Right now, the red light isn't going no matter what I do, although it worked randomly earlier so I took that opportunity to flash bootloader.
    Went to flash image after that and red light again :S

I was hoping the image would stick with a fresh bootloader but can't even seem to get it on.

Thanks again

ES