OK - it's a noob question. I'm sure I'm missing a trick but here goes...

Am an engineer - fairly familiar with linux, very comfortable with networking etc. ... but never owned a satellite box before. So couple of weeks ago set out on steep learning curve to get into this wonderful hobby...

-> Got a dish, lined it up, bought a receiver (xtrend et10000), tuned it in. So far so good. Have all my free-to-air channels.
-> Installed OpenVIX enigma2 image and played around with the GUI... very nice.
-> Have a terrestrial tuner in the satellite box, put up an aerial and connected to it, tuned it in, getting pretty happy now - all the satellite free-to-air channels and irish dtt channels.
-> Started playing with the plugins... got my 7-day epg sorted... getting really happy now!

Most of the above came from following guides on this forum and reading around here. So - I got stuck when it comes to the freesat channels. I though I would ask directly.

A lot of the threads that ask about CCcam etc. touch of card sharing - that's not what I want. I want to be able to plug in an old Sky card or a "Freesat-card" and get ITV2/3/4HD - or E4, e4+1.

Question 1) Is this possible!? From my reading here it seems to be but maybe I picked something up wrong
Question 2) Can I use the internal card readers in my et10000 to do this?
Question 3) (Don't laugh!!) The card goes in chip-facing-down, right!?
Question 4) I've installed CCcam from a .IPK linked to on this forum. It installs. Starts. I've transferred a blank CCcam.cfg file to the /etc. folder on the box...
but I just get 'no card inserted' when I check the card in the menu (or by browsing to http://<my-ip>:16001/entitlements). Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks, in advance, for any help. Apologies if the questions are pedantic/basic - I'm only a beginner!

flintdk