Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Unresponsive remote - onkyo remote code.

Title
    Thanks

Unresponsive remote - onkyo remote code.

Hi All,
    Im new around here so just finding my feet. Hope this is in the correct section.
    I last week bought a vu+ solo 2 from W.O.S. the box came pre installed with enigma 2 and latest vix. I am finding the remote not overly responsive in the menus. It works but feels like the button are a little sticky and not always responsive. Kinda of like when you bought a cheap dvd player years back that came with cheapo quality remote. I am suprised that this is the case with the VU box. Has anyone else complained about this?
    One way of me getting around this and what i specifically want anyhow is to use my onlyo rc737m remote with it but need a 5 digit remote code which im struggling to find on google. So any help appreciated.
    Thank you jon.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    i have both and no issues ,just in case can you try a fresh set of batteries,solo2 and onkyo remotes are good.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    He is asking for a 5 digit code so he can control his solo2 with his onkyo remote.
    A quick Google search finds that if your box is set to use the remote in mode 2 then 3458 is the code for certain one4all remotes, try this with a 0 at the front so 03458.
    I own the solo2, the remote is the same as the solo4k ans whilst I do find the buttons rubbery and badly organised I find the remote works well.
    I bet you have your box underneath or near a plasma TV?
    VU+ Ultimo 4K 3TB, 1x Twin DVBS-2 FBC / 1x DVB-C FBC/ 1x Twin DVB-T2.
    VU+ Solo4k 2TB, 2xFBC-S2, 2xC/T2, 1x Sundtek .
    1m Motorised Single LNB Dish, 60cm Fixed Octo LNB Dish.
    Samsung 65HU8500 with SEK-3500, Denon AVR-X2200W 5.1.2.
    Oppo UDP-203
    Panasonic 55VT50.
    Zidoo X9S
    Amazon Fire TV 4k & Amazon Fire TV (SPMC sideloaded).

Title
    Thanks
    Hi
    All thanks for the responses.
    Sorry my message may not of been overly clear. Yes i am after a 5 digit remote code for the onkyo remote. But i am also struggling with the original remote. I have changed the batteries, it was one of the first things i did, but still no joy. There is clearline of sight and the unit is in my tv cabinet with my led tv wall mounted.

Title
    Thanks
    I will try the 5 digit code you suggested. Can you confirm what you mean by "if your box is set to use the remote in mode 2"? And thank you.

Title
    Thanks
    Heres an update to this post. I had a reply from onkyo and they said my onlyo remote can never support vu plus. Due to the age of the receiver. I may have to consider a universal remote in future. Most probably a harmony. Any recomendations?
    Mean while i now have the box and the dish fully setup through some help of a friend who also really struggled with the stock remote. Going up and down on the menus is like a one in 5 presses to get a response. I have since spoke to world of satellite about this who suggested a number of causes however i have tried this box in other circumstances and know that non of the surrounding condition are effecting its performance and that there is definitely something fundermentally wrong. The remote has been sent back and will now await a response from them.next week.

Title
    Thanks
    The remote was replaced by WOS and now works perfectley.